Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: How far is he from the window and would spell such as color spray work through the glass? It seems it should, but just checking...
As I understand it, there's no glass in the windows to speak of; they're all boarded up with wood. That notwithstanding, I don't believe any spells could be cast through the windows because they don't allow line of effect as defined by the rules.
[sblock=Line of Effect]A line of effect is a straight, unblocked
path that indicates what a spell can affect. A line of effect is
canceled by a solid barrier. It’s like line of sight for ranged
weapons, except that it’s not blocked by fog, darkness, and
other factors that limit normal sight.

You must have a clear line of effect to any target that you
cast a spell on or to any space in which you wish to create
an effect. You must have a clear line of effect to the point of
origin of any spell you cast.

A burst, cone, cylinder, or emanation spell affects only
an area, creatures, or objects to which it has line of effect
from its origin (a spherical burst’s center point, a coneshaped
burst’s starting point, a cylinder’s circle, or an
emanation’s point of origin).

An otherwise solid barrier with a hole of at least 1 square
foot through it does not block a spell’s line of effect. Such
an opening means that the 5-foot length of wall containing
the hole is no longer considered a barrier for purposes of a
spell’s line of effect.

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Beta Playtest, page 163[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Effect

Glass is transparent, color spray is visual dependant effect. Solid or not, glass is not obstacle for clashing bands of color...

And DM rules....?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Since Colour Spray is a cone-shaped effect that affects people *within* it, not simply *viewing* it, I would say that it is necessary for the cone effect to be able to interact with the target. Although there would be line of sight, glass *would* block line of effect, so you couldn't cast Colour Spray through a closed window.

However.

As Ambrus correctly assumed, there's no glass in these windows, at least not a full set that hasn't been broken. A person could easily poke a hand or finger through to send a spell in there.

[SBLOCK=Edmond]
Edmond remembers Yargin mainly as an accountant who fancied himself as a bit of an alchemist.
[/SBLOCK]

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Dr Simon]Since you've described the building as rickety with skewed angles and gaps between its wooden boards, I was wondering whether Dj'hân had found any loose boards or gaps in the woodwork, doorjambs or window frames large enough for him to try squeezing through. Failing that, does the building have a chimney or a drainage grate for the fish guts that he could try?[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Dr Simon]Since you've described the building as rickety with skewed angles and gaps between its wooden boards, I was wondering whether Dj'hân had found any loose boards or gaps in the woodwork, doorjambs or window frames large enough for him to try squeezing through. Failing that, does the building have a chimney or a drainage grate for the fish guts that he could try?[/sblock]

[SBLOCK=Ambrus]
There were no gaps large enough for Dj'hân to fit through, although with a bit of help from a strong person you could probably pull open a gap large enough to wriggle through. That might make noise, though.

There is no chimney stack (It's one of those things that RPG map-makers tend to forget are needed, like toilets, although I reckon in this place would have a stove rather than a brick chimney). As for a drainage grate, he'd need to check more fully amongst the pilings beneath the building, above the river to be certain.
[/SBLOCK]

Ambrus

Explorer
Ambrus I racked my brains trying to think of something, but I don't know what you character can do. So I went to look your character up on the RG, and now I still have no idea what your character can do (only a slight exaggeration). Loresong Faen Dragonfire Adept 1 <----- that's like Greek to me.
Oh, don't worry about it. I recognize that Dj'hân has already done most of what he can to help out at this point. I was just role-playing his getting caught up the excitement of the other's planning.

And please, don't get caught up with my character's writeup in the Rogue's Gallery; it's really just intended to be a mechanical way of representing the character I want to play. In spite of what's written, it's not my intention that Dj'hân have ties to dragonkind in any way or that he belong to a race know as "loresong faen" in the world of Golarion. I proposed a character concept to Dr Simon awhile back in a spoiler block and am only using this race and class' abilities to represent that concept. I don't really know how much the other players might know or have deduced about my character's background but, as far as the character knows, he's a juvenile halfling guttersnipe and that's how I'm aiming to play him.

Oni

First Post
Well it's still a mystery to me. ><

Seriously I know very little about any of the other characters outside of what has gone on in the IC thread, I've tried not to spoil anything for myself.

Ambrus

Explorer
I finally succeeded in acquiring a Harrow deck today
and thought it'd be nice for everyone who doesn't
have one to see what Zellara reading looked like.

Beta Group's
Harrow Reading

Beta Group's
Choosing

I also took a peak at the Alpha group's IC thread
and am posting their readings here too for their benefit.

Alpha Group's
Harrow Reading

Alpha Group's
Choosing

Hopefully I got them all correct.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases