Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=ooc to Valthosian]Giggles came in through the top-most door in the first room that Thorson entered; the one which leads through a short hallway to the big vat room. Dj'hân is indicating the door in the left-hand wall of the first room (the one in which Thorson fought the hound). It hasn't been opened yet and would seem to lead to the remaining part of the fishery up on the top floor. Since it's the only unseen part of the building, it would seem to be a likely place for Lamm to be. Dj'hân also indicated that there's another set of double-doors leading into that area from the outside loading dock in case the grownups would care to go in from both sides at once.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
tHE dOOR

OOps CAPS LOCK.

I was ready to try disbleive ghost sound of breathin, cast as deterrent :)

The door on the left, is it more sturdy then the rest of it? Is there a passage down from the main hall?

Anyhow, if there is any indication that something is still threatening children (or if Thorson says something to that effect) Edmond jumps down and kills whatever it is :) Casting True strike first and going full defensive ... and he'd prefer some dust so he can see invisible :) but that's just cirumstnace

Shayuri

First Post
Dr. Simon, have you had a chance to look over the Prestige Classes pdf from Paizo? If so, what do you think about Maya entering the revised Dragon Disciple prc when she qualifies?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Dr. Simon, have you had a chance to look over the Prestige Classes pdf from Paizo? If so, what do you think about Maya entering the revised Dragon Disciple prc when she qualifies?

I haven't seen that, I'll check it out. Probably no problem, though.

Edit: Now I have. Seems okay to me. I thought for a moment that it was accessable to 2nd level characters, then I remembered that skill ranks work differently under PF.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
On Prestige Classes:

I like the new Duelist. But it is not easily accessible for rougues :(. But maybe later...

I see they've condensed some of the powers of the old duellist, and converted precise strike so that it isn't just a sneak attack rip-off. Looks much better, the 3.5 version was very weak per level. You can see the hand of "Design consultant" Monte Cook, as the revised duellist look very similar to his "Unfettered" class from Arcana Evolved (still *the* best light fighter in my opinion).

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, I really like his Unfettered and Warmain class :)
You can use his 'martial' classes and the standard 'casters' for a better power balance.

Ambrus

Explorer
I have to admit that after seeing this latest map of the fishery, I'm rather at a loss to imagine what the building looks like from the outside. I'd assumed that the lower vat room was right above the water line, but now I see that it too is raised high with a second wooden walkway built roughly fourteen feet below the first walkway that's raised up above it at street level. I'd assumed that the double-doors at the front were at ground level, but now it seems that they're raised above a basement foundation with windows.

I'm not complaining or criticizing, just saying that how I imagine the building looks keeps changing with each new map.:confused:

So if the topmost outer walkway is fifteen feet above the level of the water, then it must reach all the way up to the docked ship's gunwales. Seeing and stepping down onto the ship's deck would seem to be relatively straightforward. So is there anything on its deck worthy of interest? Cabins? Hatchways?

Remove ads