Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Dr Simon

Explorer
I have to admit that after seeing this latest map of the fishery, I'm rather at a loss to imagine what the building looks like from the outside. I'd assumed that the lower vat room was right above the water line, but now I see that it too is raised high with a second wooden walkway built roughly fourteen feet below the first walkway that's raised up above it at street level. I'd assumed that the double-doors at the front were at ground level, but now it seems that they're raised above a basement foundation with windows.

I'm not complaining or criticizing, just saying that how I imagine the building looks keeps changing with each new map.:confused:

So if the topmost outer walkway is fifteen feet above the level of the water, then it must reach all the way up to the docked ship's gunwales. Seeing and stepping down onto the ship's deck would seem to be relatively straightforward. So is there anything on its deck worthy of interest? Cabins? Hatchways?

I think the general idea is that the river bank is quite high above the waterline, allowing space *below* street level for an under-level. Although in some cases the measurements are a bit out of kilter, and there's a bit that you haven't got to that just *doesn't work* for several reasons (so I've changed it).

As for the upper walkway, yes, it does pretty much run around the gunwhales of the sloop. Will post a description later if you want to examine it.

Ambrus

Explorer
Yeah, I imagine the riverbank is quite steep. Still, the building does seem structurally a little off kilter as you say.

I believe I'd mentioned that Dj'hân had followed the walkway around the back of the building during his initial scouting mission; he was looking for other doorways and windows. At the time I'd assumed that he'd have had to climb up onto the ship to see its deck and didn't do so because I didn't want to go overboard (heh heh) with my solo scouting. But if he could have just followed the walkway to examine the length of the ship's deck then yes, I'd appreciate a description. :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Ambrus]
The deck looks rotten, held together only by the woodworm holding hands. There is a single door leading into a small cabin at the stern, closed, with a red fish painted on it.
[/SBLOCK]

Ambrus

Explorer
Heh. Thorson wouldn't make much of a salesman would he?:p

And congrats on passing 100 posts Val.

Doc, could I get answers to post 232 in the IG thread so that we can post our actions? I don't know if you missed them with all the rambling going on.:eek:

Valthosian

First Post
Wahoo!

And no, Thorson would despite the idea of being a salesman. He would be absolutely convinced his life was over. As it is right now, he's never had to deal with the ocean and he's proud, superstitious, and nervous. An entertaining combination!

Dr Simon

Explorer
Don't know why you'd think jigsaw sharks can jump...

Attachments

• Jigsaw Shark.jpg
    Jigsaw Shark.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 66

Valthosian

First Post
What the heck does Thorson know :) He's a landlubber who'd never even seen the sea before making his journey to this town. Admittedly I proposed it more out of a change of mood than trying to seriously roleplay him, but I'm happy with the result.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases