Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Dr Simon

Explorer
Holyman, Mowgli, just to let you know I'm still here despite the outages, and we should be able to bring your characters in v. shortly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Flight I need a go no go...

Great RP system... go
Grand adventure path... go
DM ready... go
Players ready... go
EnWorld...
Enworld... ??

Hmm... Brindom is at the ready and but I never got to finish my reading will start up and catch up.

-HM

Dr Simon

Explorer
Holyman, can you put your character up in the Rogue's Gallery, please?

Just re-read and noticed that Neurotic is away until the 15th, but shouldn't be a problem. It actually makes it a bit easier at the moment as that makes the current situation a solo for Ambrus.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
posted and

great pic Mowgli

Thanks! I'm blessed to have a good friend who is a fantastic artist. This is a pic he did of his character for a HERO game I ran here on ENWorld a year or so back. I've shamelessly absconded with it for Manachan's appearance 'cause I like it so dang much.

Ambrus

Explorer
[Sblock=Dr Simon]I'm sorry Doc, but I feel I have to ask. Do you reroll the opposed Stealth/Perception checks every round? My understanding is that the opposed roll is rolled only once per scene as soon as there's a chance that the one using stealth might be detected. Since Dj'hân wasn't noticed when he first left the backpack I figured he'd be alright as long as he remained concealed. It seems a little unfair to continue rolling opposed rolls; its inevitable that an unlucky combination of rolls will eventually occur if one rolls over and over again. :erm:[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Ambrus]
No, not every round, only when circumstances change.

1. Dj'hân moves from the rucksack to the stairs. Most people are otherwise occupied.

2. Devargo approaches the stairs where Dj'hân is standing. Dj'hân manages to slip out of sight in time. From here, he can follow Devargo to his room without problem, since Devargo hasn't noticed him and isn't looking for him.

3. Dj'hân finds a new hiding place under the table. Devargo turns around and walks past Dj'hân's hiding place.

Now, I wouldn't necessarily make checks all the time, but Devargo is depicted as a very shrewd and canny individual. I think he'd pick up if something was out of place in one of his own rooms, even if subconsciously.

As for unlucky rolls, well, yes, but that's the same for anything in a d20 system. The chance of failure makes the risks more worthwhile. You wouldn't want sneaking into the inner sanctum of a ruthless crime lord to be without risk, would you? ;)
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Dr Simon]I'd disagree that circumstances changed sufficiently to require new opposed rolls; Dj'hân started out hiding from Devargo and never stopped. I could similarly describe Dj'hân's stealth abilities as being uncanny and preternatural; but that wouldn't normally grant him the ability to reroll skill checks. The extent of his abilities are defined by his stats.

But if that's your call then I'll go with it. Unfortunately, I have no exit strategy for getting out of this war zone. :blush:

Edit: Out of curiosity, what light source is there below decks?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
short access !! Dr Simon, I sent you an email via my cell phone. Please check it out. It should come out just as spiderking started going down, or you can ignore it completely

Remove ads