Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thank you, Ambrus, very nice of you.

I'll get that into RG later.

By the way, do you anything about Rathan's game? It seems it stalled for the moment.

Oh, and I dont' think there was anything Dh'ahn could have done to warn Lynn and Edmond about him leaving the backpack...we need some items using rary's telepathic bond or something like that :)

Did Dj'ahn participate in running the house? I mean finantialy? I guess Lynn didn't :)
Edmond keeps his children well fed and clothed and provides education in form of priests and acolytes coming to teach them how to read/write etc...I guess that costs (even if only in tithe) too. All told I'd say he'll spend around 400gp more then necessary all told. Once that is done we can agree on some sort of majordomo running everyday chores with some upkeep cost.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
By the way, do you anything about Rathan's game? It seems it stalled for the moment.
All I know is that the GM hasn't posted anything in a month, which to me signals that the game is dead.

Did Dj'ahn participate in running the house? I mean finantialy? I guess Lynn didn't :)
I'm afraid that I have little interest in your character's dwelling or in the collection of orphans he's chosen to keep around.

Neurotic

Yes I know you don't, but Dj'ahn lives there no? Didnt he want some loft renovated/improved/hidden etc

DrSimon: is there a way to build secret compartment/room/passage without it being obvious? (like missing space or something) - I'd like secret compartment and safe in Edmond's study. If it's possible I'd also make 'safe room' for children and non-combatants in case later there is need to defend the house. It would be accessible from common room and children sleeping quarters. This would probably be under the house...

Edmond is more warrior then a scholar so I don't plan on making a laboratory of any kind, but some kind of study/library, 'office' room and living quarters for him and at least two more persons plus two (at least) rooms for children - preferably more.

Two as minimum to keep girls and boys separated and more to keep older and younger children separated. Edmond doesn't plan on some strictly chaste house, but he will keep trouble to a minimum.

Of course, priorities are children quarters, his personal space and study/office. Everything else comes as space allwos.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Yes I know you don't, but Dj'ahn lives there no? Didnt he want some loft renovated/improved/hidden etc
Dj'hân does stay with Edmond a good part of the time, but largely because it's convenient for all of the PCs to be relatively close together. Dj'hân is very very small and so doesn't require much living space; a few cubic feet is all he needs for his few possessions and room to sleep. I'd mentioned that Dj'ân spent some time in an out-of-the-way corner of Edmond's house; perhaps in-between walls or at the back end of a small cupboard. There's nothing he wants renovated or improved on his behalf. He certainly doesn't need a whole mansion.

In reality Dj'hân likely spends as much time kicking around the slums or shingles of Korvosa as he does in Edmond's house; he's a street urchin after all and is happiest when exploring. Dj'hân generally shies away from the Little Lamms with which Edmond chooses to surround himself; he has too many bad memories from his time spent in the gang to feel comfortable with them. Being the smallest amongst their number always meant that he was the bottom of the gang's pecking order and the target of abuse. Remaining hidden is a way of life for Dj'hân. That's why he usually prefers to stay/sleep in Edmond's backpack, even when they're in the house.

Now that he has 4 cubic feet of extradimensional space inside his liripoop Dj'hân has even less need of space inside the house. He can simply entrust his cap to the dragon, climb in and sleep in complete safety. If staying at Edmond's place becomes a problem then he'll simply find some other hole-in-the-wall to call kip.

Last edited:

Neurotic

Oh, no. Edmond still feels protective over little ones. Including Dj'ahn who apparently never grew up. That's why it's important to Edmond to keep Little Lamms safe.

Dj'ahn is welcome at any time and anywhere he would like to make small space for himself in the house Edmond will try to provide.

I'm thinking he should create for himself small crawlhole only he (and cats/rats/other small creatures) can reach. That could be walled of part of chimney (so he's warm in winter) or under the roof or something like that...

DrSimon: When Edmonds working table is ordered there will be special spot for Dj'ahn complete with peep hole and enough space for him. It may get useful as is hiding Dj'ahn in the backpack :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Neurotic - yes, you could factor in a secret roon, although since Edmond doesn't have and architectural or construction skills he'd need to hire in a contractor. Not sure on the price, I'll do some research with my old 1e DMG for some ideas.

Ambrus

Explorer
I imagine Dj'hân has a variety of favorite hidey-holes all over the house and throughout Korvosa. With an extradimensional hat for added space containing all his possessions, even the smallest cranny can provide him with an adequate living area.

So is HolyMan still onboard?

Neurotic

DrSimon: I have pdf along the lines 'castles and bridges - D&D stronghold guide' - I can send it to you if/when I find it if you want

Ambrus - is there some kind of contact place where one can leave Dj'ahn a message or find him at certain time? Or, does he come to sleep in the house? We need some sending stones or similar device(s) :)

Ambrus

Explorer
Considering how flighty he is, Dj'hân would likely neglect to check any agreed upon message drop point regularly. Dj'hân likely stops by the house at least every other day or so. If Edmond needs to get a hold of Dj'hân faster than that then he'd likely have more luck by going up to his own attic and leaving a message for Derago. Considering how close they're becoming, the pseudodragon likely has a better chance of finding Dj'hân and relaying Edmond's message to him.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Pseudodragon is called Majenko.

Devargo (Bavarsi) is the name of the Spider King. What with Vencarlo Orisini introduced as well, that section of the adventure reads like the dramatis personae of a Shakespeare comedy.

Remove ads