Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân just hit 3,090 experience. So are we using the 3.5 leveling guidelines or some slower Pathfinder variant? I'd just like to know whether we should level now or later. ;)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I never asked about starting experience - just assumed HM and I would start at the bottom of second. May we start with equivalent to Brendan and D'jhan? Sounds like beginning of second would put us significantly behind at this point.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
There are rules for catchin up with XP so that those of lower level get increased amount...it's in DMG 3.5 somewhere...

Dj'ahn, in principle, I don't mind if dragon get part of the money, but you may consider him to be cohort or follower so he gets only 1/2 of what you get...I mean, he is useful, giving you flight, spells etc, but we need magic items and money for child support :) But, how will we RP that part I have no idea since Edmond doesn't really care about money.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'm using Pathfinder Fast Experience, which means you need 3300 to reach Level 3. So, not yet!

I think I mentioned starting XP for Brindom and Manachan somewhere, but for now let's assume that they have just hit 3000 each with this latest award. It costs no extra to include Majenko in the XP totals as well (same for 4 or 5 characters). Assume 3000 for him, which buys off his two hit dice of Dragon and, I believe, he then has an LA of +3 to buy off. Unless they do it different in Pathfinder, I'll research that.

Ambrus

Explorer
[waxing poetic]Woe is me... Alas, someday I will reach 3rd level... :([/waxing poetic]

In a way it seems that Dj'hân should be Majenko's cohort rather than the other way around considering that the pseudodragon's ECL of 5 beats Dj'hân's ECL of 2. ;)

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Fast" progression seems to be slower than normal 3.5 progression! Actually, it's the same from 4th onwards, Paizo seem to have stuck an extra 300XP requirement on the first couple of advancements, I guess to string out those precious early levels ;)

Dr Simon

Explorer
You know what? Sod Paizo, I'm sticking with 3000 XP for level 3, so I you've all levelled. Djahn and Edmond have whatever XP they've earned. Brindom, Manachan and Majenko are currently on exactly 3000.

You're not far off anyway, and it's a better point in the adventure to do it rather than the next opportunity to gain 300 XP....

Ambrus

Explorer
I wasn't actually angry, just kidding around. But thanks for that; I've never been in a campaign that lasted long enough for PCs to gain two levels before. It's nice to have finally made it past the 2nd level barrier. Huzzah! :D

Keep up the great work! Kudos ;)

Edit: How do we handle rolling for hit points again?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases