Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Dr Simon

Explorer
How much time would it take to create:
- masterwork weapon
- ray of enfeeblement wand or rather any of duskblade spells from the book (chill touch, cause fear, scorching ray etc...) - is it same for PF as in 3.5 core?

I believe so, although I've a feeling that they changed crafting a bit. Will check.

Edit:

Okay, assuming a craftsman capable of crafting a mastercraft item has a Craft skill of +10, allowing them to get the required DC 20 with a Take 10, then it will take one week for a mastercraft weapon.

Wands - a 0th level spell costs 375gp, 1st level 750 gp and both will take one day to make. Going up to 2nd level costs 6000gp and takes a week.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Re: the books, put that down to the dangers of working from a pre-published scenario. They say "two large free-standing bookshelves full of books" and then you check and they've got a value of 300gp. Not my fault, guv.
I'm not complaining or throwing blame around; just explaining something that seems a bit odd to me.

I feel your pain; at least the designers bothered to assign some value to the books. I can't count the number of times I've read room descriptions in published modules that describes wall-to-wall bookshelves with hundreds or thousands of tomes without even postulating that they might be worth something beyond mere colorful room decor. Handwritten and illuminated books were usually luxuries that only the wealthy could afford to purchase. Few privately-owned medieval period book collections included more than a handful or more tomes.

Perhaps the bookshelves are relatively small or are more like cabinets or large lecterns and their being "full" merely means 5-7 books in all.

Just 'cause I guy's a necromancer he doesn't have to have skulls on everything.
If a lonely necromancer succeeds in luring a lady friend into his dank crypt past his shambling undead servants, the last thing he'd want is for her to feel less than cozy in his bed. Skull motifs are so tacky and just scream "four-hundred-year-old-virgin". :p
Perhaps half of them have got "Property of Acadamae Library - Do Not Remove" stamped inside them and no buyer will touch them?
That'd explain why Rolth wasn't in his lair; the Acadamae library overdue book department bounty hunters got him!

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
If you can wait with the books before backyard sale, Edmond would like to pore through some of that lore - esp if total is really only 60gp per person.

Bed - opulent means less then ascetic which Edmond is :)

Mastercraft weapon - yes, please
Wands - not yet.
Mirror from the dungeon - yes

Anything else you people throw at the house, kids or Edmond won't be lost, believe me :)

Please say how much you give for the house so I can write it off total cost ... thank you

Ambrus

Explorer
Here's the sale value of everything we've accumulated during this last adventure. Before I can tally up the final split though, a few questions need answering:
First, Does anyone want to claim something from this list for themselves outright?
Second, what do people want to do with the derro's poison; try to use it righteously, sell it or destroy it?
Third, do people want to give Majenko a share for his aid in the adventure?

• reward (1000 gp)
• wand of ghoul touch (44 ch.) (1,980 gp)
• ring of protection +1 (1,000 gp)
• 4 repeating crossbows (500 gp)
• spellbook (407.5 gp)
• masterwork dagger (302 gp)
• research library (300 gp)
• 4 vials of medium spider venom (300 gp)
• 4 bucklers (30 gp)
• 4 suits of leather armour (20 gp)
• 4 shortswords (20 gp)
• spell component pouch (2.5 gp)
• 4 spare bolt clips (2 gp)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'd take:
a) spell components
b) 1 buckler
c) wand of ghoul touch - altough it may be better if Dj'ahn uses it.
d) library - for references only - IC reason for increasing spellcraft and arcana - may be sold or kept as fixed value in the house...

Majenko should be treated as a cohort - I believe we already discussed that, but there are too many pages to look it up - If memory servers, he gets half of what one of us would...

Of course, that was with Lynn and Thorson and not Brindom and Manachan...

Spider venom does damage? Ability damage? Causes an effect? I don't mind someone using it as long as it isn't us. But I'd feel bad if we sell it to someone of dubious character - mostly because that way it WILL be used against us eventually. Optimal would be someone in Marhsal Kroft employ (spy or something) or priests

Ambrus

Explorer
I'd take:
b) 1 buckler
Keep in mind that they're all small sized.
c) wand of ghoul touch - altough it may be better if Dj'ahn uses it.
It's touch range and icky; can't say that Dj'hân cares much for it.
Majenko should be treated as a cohort - I believe we already discussed that, but there are too many pages to look it up - If memory servers, he gets half of what one of us would...
We probably did cover it, I just can't remember offhand; it's been a long time.
Spider venom does damage? Ability damage? Causes an effect?
Strength damage.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ol' Jeremiah would buy the spellbook off you, except that he doesn't have that kind of cash. He'd be willing to trade in kind, though, a future spellcasting or an item creation.

Ambrus

Explorer
Ol' Jeremiah would buy the spellbook off you, except that he doesn't have that kind of cash. He'd be willing to trade in kind, though, a future spellcasting or an item creation.
For equal value; that is, in exchange for 815 gold sails' worth of created magic items?

Remove ads