Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'd have to say no to the bed, but thanks for the offer. :) Next person you tried to sell it to make sure you leave out the "once owned by an evil derro necromancer" because are you sure he took live concubines to his bed :eek:

Brindom will just take his share of cash I think he will have an aversion to using things others used for evil purposes.

Dr. Si not to make your job any harder but could you do a recap in the IC with whatever we have discovered that deals with the overall adventure. I figure that the "dungeon crawl" was to help us prepare for the future, just wondering what we learned that relates overall. Like the queen finding out about Ms. Sabor? I can't remember who knew about her capture and all that.

Thinking a recap added to the start of the next chapter would help. Thanks in advance.

HM

Ambrus

Explorer
I don't mind someone using it as long as it isn't us.
Why not us? If you're worried about selling it to someone of dubious character, why not simply keep it and use it against our opponents when engaging in righteous battle?

So Doc, is Jeremiah willing to consider an equal trade of created magic items for the spellbook?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Why not us? If you're worried about selling it to someone of dubious character, why not simply keep it and use it against our opponents when engaging in righteous battle?

So Doc, is Jeremiah willing to consider an equal trade of created magic items for the spellbook?

I already said I don't mind using it. Edmond is pragmatist. It's just me that doesn't like 'wasting time' in combat to apply the poison.

Anyhow, it's great way of capturing someone and/or increase the effect of chill touch :)

As for spellbook, NO! don't give him for equal value! :p Take it for 1000gp worth of enchantment (we get about 15% off) and he gets first pick for anything magical we may pick up. He'll be most powerful mage in the area in no time...(and he was already healed by Dj'ahn)

Hm, what say you people, we're growing quite a base of operations in Edmond's house, what say you we take old mage as a retainer? Kids need schooling, he needs regular food and library :) Edmond doesn't have charisma to become a leader, but we may pay them in time...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks for the update, Dr. Si

In it it said the King of Spiders is an assocaite maybe sell the poison to him?

I'm all for Edmond's school for gifted youngsters lol :p

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Other than the ring, Manachan will take his share in cash as well. Neurotic, I'll let you know how much he contributes to the house once we see how much he nets.

He'd also be fine with hiring the mage as a tutor/headmaster/etc.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Dont 'feel obligated to contribute anything if you don't feel like it or need the cash, we're adventurers and Kroft pays well. As long as we get some money to keep the children fed and clotched all is well. It's my problem if I end up short on items or other stuff because I spent my first 5 out of 10 000 on the house.

Oh, and Edmond pays 300 for masterwork weapon and another 200 for breast place while he sells his old armor (unless somebody wants slightly used studded leather?)

Nobody suggested any new language for Edmond...DrSimon what would you allow? Since Edmond didn't really have any contact either with Shoanti or other races, I think there would be only booklearning languages (draconic, celestial etc) or thieves kant (if children know it)...or maybe he studied undercommon and can now talk to derro and Thing :p

Ambrus, could you sum everything up - and split fairly? Take totals of magic items and give everyone fair share so we can continue?

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Take it for 1000gp worth of enchantment (we get about 15% off) and he gets first pick for anything magical we may pick up.
I think it'll be enough if we get a 100% exchange for it. After all, we get first pick out of anything magical we pick up. ;)
In it it said the King of Spiders is an associate maybe sell the poison to him?
Yeah... Uhm, I wouldn't say we're really "associates" of his so much as I would say that neither of us has yet to kill the other... Besides, seeing as how he's knee deep in spiders, he may very well be the one who supplied the venom to the derro in the first place. :uhoh:

Ambrus, could you sum everything up - and split fairly? Take totals of magic items and give everyone fair share so we can continue?
Heh. You make it sound so straightforward. Alright, I'll give it a shot.

First off, I assigned a vial of venom to each of you four big guys in the party. You can apply it to your weapons before engaging in battle against a big bad. If you aren't interested in keeping it, then you're responsible for finding a buyer for it; I'd suggest trading it to someone else in the party who might be interested. Neurotic, you expressed an interest in the wand. Unfortunately, since it alone exceeds the total worth of Edmond's share by a significant amount, he'd have to fork over his whole monetary share along with an additional 1224.73 gp to claim it. Since I don't think you'd care for that idea I went ahead and sold it off for the proceeds. So, as is, here's how everyone's share breaks down:

Brindom
• vial of medium spider venom (75 gp)
• 1065 gold sails
• 2 silver shields
• 7 copper pinch
Total = 1140.27

Dj'hân
• spellbook (815 gp)
• 325 gold sails
• 2 silver shields
• 7 copper pinch
Total = 1140.27

Edmond
• spell component pouch (2.5 gp)
• research library (300 gp)
• small buckler (7.5 gp)
• 755 gold sails
• 2 silver shields
• 7 copper pinch
Total = 1140.27

Majenko
• 570 gold sails
• 1 silver shields
• 5 copper pinch
Total = 570.15

Manachan
• ring of protection +1 (1,000 gp)
• 65 gold sails
• 2 silver shields
• 7 copper pinch
Total = 1140.27

Thorson
• 1065 gold sails
• 2 silver shields
• 7 copper pinch
Total = 1140.27

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan gives his vial of spider venom and 50 gold sails to Edmond to be contributed to the upkeep on the house (he has no need of the spider venom, and the house is a worthwhile charitable cause - and his current residence).

Ambrus

Explorer
Doc, Dj'hân will ask Ol' Jeremiah if he'd be willing double the extra-dimensional capacity of his liripoop up to 120 lbs in exchange for the spellbook and an additional 185 gold sails. That'd bring it in line with a standard handy haversack.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases