Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Why not have all this treasure be concidered party treasure and let Mowgli's character use the bracelet's for now. When he finds something better it would be easier to just put it back in the "party pot".

Instead of worrying if he bought them out or not. It would be like him holding part of the party money. And putting it to good use at the same time.

HM

Ambrus

Explorer
we may need multiple shots as I assume we'll get into contact with the disease on more occasions (first one being pile of corpses) and we have multiple NPCs to take care of (children, Jeremiah, Vencarlo, Marshal etc)
We do have two wands of remove disease. Seems to me that we could keep the one with fewer charges for our own needs as they arise, but that we aren't likely to need the second wand's 50 charges.
What I will say is that the fully charged wand was given to the group as a whole in lieu of payment. You aren't officially expected (by Kroft etc.) to go around curing everyone, that duty falls to the Queen's Physicians and the priest consortium
It does seem odd that Kroft gave such a badly needed wand to us rather than delivering it to the Queen's Physicians who could make much better use of it than we. Perhaps her intention was that we'd sell it to them. I don't think we'd have trouble selling it in this market; I'm certain there's plenty of demand for it. So by putting it in the proper hands, we could then split its 11,250 gp value amongst the party. What do you all think of this idea? Manachan could then easily afford the bracelets of armor.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
We can also sell it AFTER the crisis if it appears we won't need it. Opposite to Edmond, I'd like this thing played cautiously. Also, it seems like plot device

Ambrus

Explorer
It'd seem strange to wait until after the plague has run its course to try and sell a wand of remove disease when there's little need or demand for it. People are dying now; now is when it's needed.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
IT doesn't make economic sense, but it makes perfect sense for our well being. And besides, if we sell it to the doctors, what would they do with it? They are either priests andcan use it, or not. And if not, they would give it to clerics or worse yet, sit on it.

This way we can subtly control who lives (and 50 charges run out fast, trust me).
Let's see:
6 PCs x 2 (assuming we get into contact multiple times. counting Majenko)
mamusia Lela and Grau's family 5
Marshal 1
Venkarlo 1
children at Edmond's home 20
Jeremiah 1
Father Julius 1 (pressumably he can be healed by priests, but just in case)
Lynn 1
Thousand Bones 1 (and this would really improve the relationship :) )
------------------------------
43 :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mowgli: Fast progression. You'll need 10,000 xp for 5th level.

Re: Majenko and class levels. Under the old rules, as a 2HD creature with a +3 LA he'd have to accumulate 5 levels worth of XP before he could begin to add new levels. However, PF rules are slightly different. As a CR1 creature he basically counts as level 1 and accumulates class levels accordingly. I personally think that his flight, huge Stealth score and instant knock-out poison put him at a bit higher, but I'll split the difference. Since the pary is now 4th level and we don't seem to have been including Majenko up until now, I'll say that he counts as first level but only now starts to get XP.

Valthosian

First Post
I've totally been forgetting to check this thread, I'm still around, I agree to all majority decisions. Will keep checking back for activity.

Ambrus

Explorer
Nice to see you're still around Valthosian; I'd begun to wonder if you'd wandered off again.

But saying that you agree with all major decisions doesn't help since, at the moment, we're currently debating what to do with a wand of cure disease. It'd be nice if others beside Neurotic and I chimed in with their own views. ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Why not have all this treasure be considered party treasure and let Mowgli's character use the bracelet's for now. When he finds something better it would be easier to just put it back in the "party pot".

Instead of worrying if he bought them out or not. It would be like him holding part of the party money. And putting it to good use at the same time.

HM

View posted top of the page. :p

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases