Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Dr Simon

Explorer
Still, for a span of only a week and a half, a 10% death rate is phenomenally virulent. If compared to the Black Death of the 14th century (which left a 30% to 60% reduction in population in major European cities after 2-4 years) Blood Veil seems positively apocalyptic. At this rate the city's infrastructure will collapse in a matter of weeks and the city would be largely uninhabitable in a matter of months. Between now and then chaos will reign as desperation sinks in. Even if the deaths drop off sharply soon the city will suffer a serious labor shortage that it may not be able to fully recover from for a generation or more. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the scenario; just trying to get a perspective on the situation. :)

All I'm going to say is... yes, that would happen, wouldn't it? :devil:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I don't think so, we're waiting to see what the sound is all about. [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION]: Maybe this is needed:

Edmond steps behind Brindom, guarding young priest with his long weapon.

OOC: Ready action, attack what comes into reach (adjacent to Brindom)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Well, I was waiting to see if anyone readied any actions, but I'm also snowed under with work at the mo', so expect a short delay.

Dr Simon

Explorer
So, my reckoning is that you each get 2140 XP for dealing with Girrigz and co. (includes Majenko). My other reckoning is that some or all of you will probably level up as a result.

Don't forget (I had :blush:) that your Harrow Points for this adventure cover Constitution effects - see first post of this thread - in case anyone finds themselves in Brindom's position again (which you might; Edge of Anarchy was quite tame by Paizo standards. The gloves are coming off...)

Edit: I should also say, if anyone does level up, that I've now got access to most 3.5 books so pretty much anything goes; also Pathfinder APG is okay if you want to dip into that.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
gloves coming off..?!:erm:

I had a 22 AC and got hit twice and a 24 AC and hit once I can't see it tougher than that for Brindom.

But Huzzah!! :lol: LvL 5 and third lvl spells perhaps this will help.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well I was going over Brindom and have found a weirdness in his HP. I accounted for the +13 (con stat) that we used from the beta testing but what I am wondering is.

Toughness use to be (and I think it was when we started) +3 HP at first lvl and +1 HP per HD.

I remember wondering if that was +4 at first lvl. Which I think and have in my records that we said no to that.

If we keep it that way Brindom has 48 HP at 4th lvl but if we change it it drops his HP to 46 (extra HP at 2nd and 3rd lvl). Really no big deal to me just want to be able to keep better track and would be easier to play with Toughness as written now than have to remember every lvl up.

HP Tracking:

13 = Con stat
8 = Max hp lvl 1
2 = lvl 2 hp rolled
8 = lvl 3 hp rolled
5 = lvl 4 hp rolled
+4 = +1 con modifier/LvL
+2 = Favored Class bonus
+3 = Toughness
+1 = Toughness bonus at 4th lvl

Current HP (should be): 46 - 48 if Toughness give +1 HP per lvl after 1st

Wondering what to do.

EDIT: Drat AC is wrong now to as they changed Breastplate from +5 to +6. Should we just make changes to characters with the newest rules? For me that would be HP down AC up. Even I guess.

HM

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases