Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Oni

First Post
Valthosian, I was scrolling down and my eyes just happened to stop on your HP total.

"starting hit points are Constitution + Con modifer + maximum class hit die"

I think you should have 32hp.

Shayuri

First Post
Here's what I have so far...

Name: Maya
Race: Shoanti Human
Class/Level: Sorceror 1
Exp:

Desc:

Strength (STR) 13
Dexterity (DEX) 14
Constitution (CON) 14
Intelligence (INT) 10
Wisdom (WIS) 10
Charisma (CHA) 17

Alignment: Neutral
AC: 12 (10 + 2 Dex)
Buffed AC 16 (+4 shield)
Hit Points: 26
Movement: 30'/60'/120'

Init: +2
Base Attack Bonus: +0
Melee Attack: +1
Ranged Attack: +2
Fort: +3
Reflex: +2
Will: +3

Race Abilities
+2 to Attribute of choice (Charisma)
Favored Class: Any (Sorceror)
Bonus Feat
Bonus skill points

Class Abilities:
Spellcasting
Eschew materials
Cantrips (All lvl 0 spells cast at will as SLA's)
Red Dragon Bloodline
- Claws (2 attacks, 1d6+1 dmg)

Skills:
Intimidate +7 (1 rank +3 cha +3 class)
Perception +4 (1 rank +3 class) +2 for Spot
Spellcraft +4 (1 rank +3 class)
Use Magic Device +7 (1 rank +3 cha +3 class)

Feats
Trait: "Missing Child" +1 Will save
b Eschew Materials
1 Toughness
1 Totem Spirit (Shundar Quah - Spire Clan, +2 Spot & +1 Fort saves)

Languages - Common

Spells (caster level 1, save DC 13+lvl)

1 - 4/4

0 Detect Magic, Ray of Frost, Dancing Lights, Mage Hand
1 Shield, Magic Missile

Money - 53gp, 5sp

Weapons -
Dagger, 2gp

Armour -
None

Gear -
Backpack 2lbs 2gp
Bedroll 5lbs 5sp
Waterskin 4lbs 1gp
Small steel mirror .5lbs 10gp
2 belt pouch 1lb 2gp

Background:
Korvosa is no place for one of the fierce, proud Shoanti people...but still they come. From out of the Cinderlands, Shoanti who for some reason are unable or unwilling to live the lives of their forefathers come to the city to make their way. They are strong and honest, and often find work doing simple labor at the docks, or looming threateningly over troublemakers in taverns. When not working, they band together in the same neighborhood. Inevitably they had children. Maya is one of them.

Older than her years, Maya's mother died in childbirth. Her father was a quiet, stoic man who took care of her until he caught lung fever in one particularly bad winter, and died. Maya became the ward of the makeshift 'tribe' that has formed within Korvosa's walls. A tribe of outcasts and exiles, but that share the old tales and ways between them, and cling to the Shoanti culture even when it's hard to.

As Maya grew up, she became the de facto babysitter for the other children in the tribe. Most of the parents had hard work all day, and mothers were not always able to avoid it. Maya, by a quirk of birth, was the oldest child in the tiny community, and thus took charge of them.

As girl became woman, she felt strange...in ways that the older women could not prepare her for. Her maturation awakened the power in her blood. Magic poured from her. Among the Shoanti, such powers are distrusted...but these people had already been banished. What right did they have to judge this girl? And so, despite the misgivings of some, Maya remained with the tribe and care for their children.

Until one day, one of them disappeared.

Now Maya has taken up the hunt for the missing Shoanti child...she can't show her face at the tribe until it's done. Little does she know that it will be the first steps on a long and winding road...

Dr Simon

Explorer
Shayuri - all seems in order.

Valthosian - apart from the HP error pointed out by Oni, all seems fine. That's a serious amount of damage potential with that axe! 3d12+36 on a critical. Expect to see a few Big Bads put down suddenly with that!

Ambrus - The group division isn't concrete, depending on who I get characters from, although it seems a fair mix at the moment, with the second group more of a strange wild-card group than the first.

As to your requests and suggestions, they all seem reasonable to me. I'm not sure if the entangling breath feat might be a bit of a spoiler ability but I'll allow it for the moment, under review.

Walking Dad

First Post
I would really like your groupings.
Group A
Shayuri - sorceress (celestial, draconic or air elemental bloodline)
Kinem - human wizard
Airwalkrr - dwarf cleric
Walking Dad - tielfling rogue
Halford - something martial
Save for Airwalkrr, I know the others and like their playing style.
I like the 'standard' feel of the classes (and races, Tieflings are just the guards of the academy, and I wanted to play a guard).
Kinem and I have connected Backgrounds.

-------

Entangling breath is really strong with an at-will breath attack. Without the right class feature (evasion, mettle), it's an area auto entangle.
Most people I know weaken it, that it only entangles if the target fails the save.

... however, any creature that takes damage from your breath weapon becomes ...

to

... however, any creature that fails it's save for your breath weapon becomes ...

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
That's what I was afraid of, and couldn't recall if the dragonbreath adept ability was x/day or not. An at-will entanglement (plus recurring damage) seems pretty potent at first level. I get the impression that the designers thought that the pre-requisites were quite exclusive. To be a rules lawyer, though, surely this character would not have the Dragonblood subtype?

Ambrus

Explorer
Dragonfire Adepts normally gain the Dragonblooded feat for free at first level, which in turn grants the Dragonblood subtype.

If the character concept is proving to problematic I can ditch it and make something else instead.

Last edited:

Valthosian

First Post
Dr Simon, Wouldn't that be 3d12+24 on the crit? His strength mod is only +8 so +8x3 = 24, not sure where you were getting the 36 from unless there's another 1.5x on the strength on top of the mods I already figured in.

Other than that, I'm excited to play this guy, he's simple and straightforward, but I tend to enjoy taking something basic and making it interesting.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Dr Simon, Wouldn't that be 3d12+24 on the crit? His strength mod is only +8 so +8x3 = 24, not sure where you were getting the 36 from unless there's another 1.5x on the strength on top of the mods I already figured in.

Other than that, I'm excited to play this guy, he's simple and straightforward, but I tend to enjoy taking something basic and making it interesting.

I'm looking at his raging stats, which give 1d12+12 basic.
Not complaining - I play a falchion-wielding barbarian in the Wayfinders game so I know the simple joy of handing out large amounts of damage!

Oni

First Post
And because such is my habit, a character portrait. :)

Lynn.jpg

Please try not to kill my character in the first couple post. ><

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases