Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
Yes, Girrigz was wearing the +1 chain shirt (light), and there was a suit of masterwork chainmail (medium) in his stash of "revolution supplies".
Ah, now I see where I got mixed up; in the in-game thread Girrigz' armour is described as magical "chainmail armour" while in the loot list the only magical armour is a chain shirt. I'll assume the latter is correct.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Helping with number crunching while I have a minute...

From Girrigz's lair:

3 smokesticks - 60gp
a tanglefoot bag - 50gp
20 tindertwigs - 20gp
bent copper trumpet bearing city coat of arms, 120 gp
a set of masterwork carpenter's (artisan) tools - 55gp
7 shortswords from wererats - 70gp
+1 silver rapier - 2,410gp
+1 chain shirt - 1,250gp
masterwork silver dagger - 322gp
eversmoking bottle - 5,400gp
4 potions of cure serious wounds - 3,000gp (750gp each)

Crated up:

22 daggers - 44gp
12 shortswords - 120gp
3 light crossbows - 105gp
60 bolts - 6gp
4 chain shirts - 400gp
12 flasks of alchemist's fire - 240gp
a masterwork longsword -315gp
suit of masterwork chainmail - 300gp

Total value - 14,287gp
Share per person - 3571.75gp

Now that is divided by 4 not sure what to do about the dragon is he part of Ambrus's character like a companion or familiar?

HM

Ambrus

Explorer
Heh. Ninja'd! I'd just finished looking up the value of the various items. At least our numbers match up in that respect, though the share per person is a bit off since it neglects the money we found as well as the 50% sale value of some of the stuff.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Right but here's my dilema what if we don't sell it? If Brindom keeps the rapier is he charged 2,410gp out of his share or 1,205gp (which is what the group would get for it).

I think looking back at the bracers that's what we did. Worth 2,000gp sold so that was what was "charged" for them. Either way Brindom can afford the rapier and that's all I want for him.

HM

Ambrus

Explorer
The official method (originally outlined in the 3.X Player's Handbook IIRC) is to calculate each item's value according to its sale value rather than its purchase value; that being 50% of purchase cost. That way players who chose to keep found items gets some added value for their picks even if the stuff they get isn't exactly what they might otherwise buy themselves. Essentially it encourages PCs to keep found items rather than selling them. If two or more PCs are interested in an item then they bid against each other until a top bidder is determined; increasing that item's calculated value proportionally.

Of course, cash, gems and art objects are calculated at their full value since that's how much they can be traded for. Any items deemed to be "party" items (such as, perhaps, most healing magic) aren't counted in the division of spoils at all.

It might seem more complicated than necessary to some people (who are used to a fast and loose division convention) but it helps to avoid arguments, embitterment and other problems in many groups. I personally don't see any reason to reinvent the wheel and so I just continue using it myself.

Edit: Concerning silver daggers, there are three: two normal ones which Dj'hân gave to Manachan and Brindom and another masterwork one. Who wants the masterwork one?

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Alright, here's my breakdown of the loot splitting:

Party
• Eversmoking metal flask

Brindom
• Girrigz's +1 silver rapier
• Potion of cure serious wounds
5 silver longbow arrows (from Dj’hân)
silver dagger (from Dj’hân)
470 gold sails
5 silver shields
5 copper pinch

Dj’hân
3 smokesticks
Tanglefoot bag
12 flasks of alchemist's fire
20 tindertwigs
1,490 gold sails
5 silver shields
5 copper pinch

Edmond
• Girrigz's +1 chain shirt
Mw carpentry tools
1,023 gold sails
5 copper pinch

Majenko
837 gold sails
7 silver shields
7 copper pinch

Manachan
• Brass spider-shaped ring of jumping
Mw silver dagger
silver dagger (from Dj’hân)
5 silver heavy crossbow bolts (from Dj’hân)
264 gold sails
5 silver shields
5 copper pinch

Since no one spoke to contradict Neurotic's proposals, I assigned the eversmoking flask as belonging to the "party" and assigned the masterwork silver dagger to Manachan since Brindom already has a +1 silver weapon. It'd have to be decided who's carrying the eversmoking flask. If no one speaks up to claim it, I'll simply add it to Dj'hân's liripoop. Questions?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Looks good to me, Ambrus. Thanks for doing that!

Does anyone wish to buy the Bracers of Armor +2? I'd rather sell them to a party member than to a merchant if anyone will use them.

Ambrus

Explorer
Does anyone wish to buy the Bracers of Armor +2? I'd rather sell them to a party member than to a merchant if anyone will use them.
Dj'hân and Majenko are willing to go halfsies on them, each fronting 1,000 gold sails for the pair. Majenko will be the one to wear them however, he being the one of the pair who most often goes toe to toe with bad guys.

Remove ads