Character Review

Dunamin

First Post
The main Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread is getting massive so I thought it prudent with a seperate thread to discuss characters that have been sent to be approved.

Judges and reviewers can post here to let you know when your character has been approved or if there is a problem with your PC that needs to be adressed, and players can respond in turn.

Dunamin

First Post
Quick notice:

There's been some confusion about picking languages during character creation, so a paragraph has been added to the language entry on the wiki to note which languages are equivalent for mechanical purposes:
Though languages across the Transitive Isles are prolific and usually technically separate, for mechanical purposes consider the following sufficiently equivalent (the background region of your PC determines the exact variation he/she speaks).
Common = Allarian.
Dwarven ~ Magari.
Elven = Eladrin ~ Imperia.
Goblin ~ Hzakan.
Primordial = Elemental ~ Tsugo.

So you don't need, for instance, both Elven and Imperia as seperate languages on your sheet - one if sufficient to communicate in both tongues.

Eryndur

Explorer
Submitted my elven cleric Spindle for approval yesterday! Looking forward to what you guys have to say about him!

Eryndur

covaithe

Explorer
Thanks, Eryndur. We got your submission, but please bear with us, since it takes time to review characters, and there's a bit of a queue at the moment. Feel free to have your character hang out in the Hanged Man in the meantime and even go on adventure (if your DM is okay with that); you just need to be approved before you can be awarded any experience.

Eryndur

Explorer
Thanks, Eryndur. We got your submission, but please bear with us, since it takes time to review characters, and there's a bit of a queue at the moment. Feel free to have your character hang out in the Hanged Man in the meantime and even go on adventure (if your DM is okay with that); you just need to be approved before you can be awarded any experience.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you should hurry. I understand the workload you guys have, trust me. :confused: I'm just uber-excited to get into this, because I have experience with PbP, but not with a Living World. Can't wait!

Atanatotatos

First Post
Guys, I'd like to help reviewing characters, but how do I find ones with no approvals yet?
(one approval has to be from judges and one from anyone, right?)

covaithe

Explorer
Guys, I'd like to help reviewing characters, but how do I find ones with no approvals yet?
(one approval has to be from judges and one from anyone, right?)

Send me an email so that I can add you to the list of people that gets notified of new submissions. We've got an email thread going about which characters need review still, that we try to keep reasonably up to date. Briefly, the characters that need review right now are Tristan e'Ransiel, Skalisss, and Amicus Nuldico. There are a few more that have feedback and need to make changes before being looked at again.

As for who the approvals need to be from... I think not just anyone. LEW has a system of "trial" character judges that I think we'd do well to copy. Basically you need two approvals, one of which must be from a full character judge and the other can be another full character judge or a trial judge. You become a trial judge by emailing the judges or posting (I guess in this thread?), and if the judges agree, you'd be added to the list. After a while, when we're comfortable that your comments are correct and you don't miss much, we promote you to a full character judge.

At this point, our full char judges are graf, halford, dunamin, garyh, and myself. (cue horrible embarrassment if I missed anyone.) Of those, dunamin is the only one smart enough not to volunteer for all the judging duties, and only does character approvals.

What do people think of this system? Shall we call Ata a trial character judge?

By way of clarification, I'm not at all concerned with Ata judging characters, I'm more thinking about the next guy, and the next, who want to help. We'll certainly need more help as time goes on, if only from the inevitable burnout.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases