Character Review

Dunamin

First Post
We have a new kind soul that wants to help us out with character approvals, as noted in his email to the judges when sending his PC "7 Rabbit" for approval. :)

JoeNotCharles said:
I'd also like to volunteer to look at other characters in the queue (hey, it's a good way to move myself up!)
I think we need all the help we can get (see my latest email update on approval status). New character submissions have increased in frequency lately, and level-up requests have started - congrats to the first 2nd level L4W players!
All the level-ups we've had formal request for have been githyankis, so I would watch out for an invading force from the Astral or Ea soon. ;)

Anyways, in connection with Joe as trial character reviewer I'd like to remind my fellow judges of an earlier request of mine:
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... There NEED to be Initiation Rites! :devil:

Atanatotatos

First Post
New character submissions have increased in frequency lately, and level-up requests have started - congrats to the first 2nd level L4W players!
All the level-ups we've had formal request for have been githyankis, so I would watch out for an invading force from the Astral or Ea soon. ;)

TSK! The Mostly Monstruous Pirates will stop them giths!! (not long to 2nd lvl right guys? ;))

covaithe

Explorer
Dunamin said:
...initiation rites!

Have to put "Dunamin is teh H4WTz" in your signature for a week? Your character recieves a paddling from invisible flying djinni? Photoshop yourself into a suggestive pose with one of the iconic characters? DM a monstrous panty raid in Bacarte?

Actually, that last one sounds pretty fun. :D

Last edited:

Dunamin

First Post
Have to put "Dunamin is teh H4WTz" in your signature for a week? Your character recieves a paddling from invisible flying djinni? Photoshop yourself into a suggestive pose with one of the iconic characters? DM a monstrous panty raid in Bacarte?

Actually, that last one sounds pretty fun. :D
I vote all of the above!

We could even do a dice roll table in the spirit of the big G (rest his soul):
Roll 1dx. To pass the Rite and gain entry to the Inner Circle of Wicked Awesomeness, your character must:

1. Defeat his next foe only using headbutts.
2. Set fire to a dwarf's beard.
3. Pay the tab of all adventurers currently in the Hanged Man tavern.
Etc...

covaithe

Explorer
Try it, and if it's sufficiently amusing we'll see. ;)

In seriousness, what we'll probably do is have you go ahead on a trial basis. Since each character must be approved by two judges, we allow one of those approvals to be by a trial character judge. We'll set up a filter on the judge account to forward you the character submissions, and forward you an updated list of characters needing a look. After a while, if we're happy with your work and your head hasn't exploded from frustration, we'll promote you to full character judge.

This will happen as soon as someone gets around to setting up the filter and updating the todo list. I'll try to do that later today, assuming no one objects to this arrangement and no one beats me to it.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Three things:
1. I'm sending my character, Raiyek Meliam, to be judged. I'm sending the email as I write this, but redundancy is good :)
2. About adventuring before you're approved: it's been said you can't gain XP before you are approved, but I'm assuming once you're approved you would retroactively gain any XP from the adventure that you would have gained had you been approved. Am I correct in that assumption?
3. I'm also interested in helping out with character reviews. I like to think I'm fairly thorough, and I can probably spare the time to look over some characters.

Thanks guys, I'm really excited to get in on some L4W action :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases