Character Review

Dunamin

First Post
Yes... Excellent! The Raise Thread ritual worked!

Ahem.

So, I just wanted to drop a note to the community at large, that it would be very helpful if submitted characters include the source of any character options that don't come from the PHB.

Linking to the Compendium is great for those with D&D Insider, but for the rest of us it would be nice if you guys write "Distant Advantage (PH2)" or the like, so that a DM, helper, or judge know where to look.

Boddynock

First Post
So, I just wanted to drop a note to the community at large, that it would be very helpful if submitted characters include the source of any character options that don't come from the PHB.

Linking to the Compendium is great for those with D&D Insider, but for the rest of us it would be nice if you guys write "Distant Advantage (PH2)" or the like, so that a DM, helper, or judge know where to look.
And here was me thinking that it was just me who didn't have a subscription to DDI. ;)

I've updated Adran Cassis to show sources.

Cheers! :)

Don Incognito

First Post
Not that I'm a judge or anything, but in the quick refrence at the top of his sheet, Adran should have a +7 vs AC for any and all longsword attacks, rather than +4

Velmont

First Post
I have two characters waiting for approval, and only one have received comments from one judge, even if I had sent a mail for each one.

Jarel-karn has started his first adventure, so if you could put it higher in your priority table, it would be welcome.
Feyr is at the Inn, so it can wait a bit longer.

Thanks in advance to take time to finish my approval.

Boddynock

First Post
Not that I'm a judge or anything, but in the quick refrence at the top of his sheet, Adran should have a +7 vs AC for any and all longsword attacks, rather than +4

Yep, seems like you forgot to add proficiency bonus to the powers with the Weapon keyword, Boddynock.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm a complete 4e noob, so appreciate it. :)

Unfortunately, I don't really understand your comments. :blush: Adran has a Str mod of +0, and I have included the proficiency bonus of +3 for longsword, so where does the other +4 come from? It was a +7 total before I changed his Heroic Tier feat from Melee Training (Charisma) to Strength of Valor but as far as I can see, +3 is right now. What am I missing?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
He means with your powers, not your basic attack. Guiding Strike, Warsong Strike, and Slayer's Song should all be at +7 to hit, because they're weapon powers and get the +3 proficiency bonus.

elecgraystone

First Post
And here was me thinking that it was just me who didn't have a subscription to DDI.
Nope, quite a few up us don't.

And your basic attacks are just used for charges, Opportunity attacks and stuff like that. As TwoHeadsBarking said, attacks you get from your class have the stat listed that you use. For you it's Charisma.

Boddynock

First Post
He means with your powers, not your basic attack. Guiding Strike, Warsong Strike, and Slayer's Song should all be at +7 to hit, because they're weapon powers and get the +3 proficiency bonus.

And your basic attacks are just used for charges, Opportunity attacks and stuff like that. As TwoHeadsBarking said, attacks you get from your class have the stat listed that you use. For you it's Charisma.
Oh, OK - gotcha! :)

I've made those corrections, plus a couple of others I noticed. I await the next instalment on my 4e learning curve. :lol:

Dunamin

First Post
I have two characters waiting for approval, and only one have received comments from one judge, even if I had sent a mail for each one.

Jarel-karn has started his first adventure, so if you could put it higher in your priority table, it would be welcome.
Feyr is at the Inn, so it can wait a bit longer.

Thanks in advance to take time to finish my approval.
I've just recently done Feyr, and there's a few things that needs tuning. I would have prioritized Jarel-Karn if I had seen this post before starting, though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases