Character Review

covaithe

Explorer
Just a brief response to address number 2, since I'm still swamped.

Your character has to be approved before you can be awarded any experience. Your DM can choose to award XP whenever they see fit, as long as it's not too ridiculous. Thus, usually a DM will simply avoid awarding any experience until all of the players are approved. If, say, you take three months to get approved, your DM may get impatient and give an XP award, that you would miss out on. But I've never seen that happen, and I can't imagine it happening without some more serious problem that would probably get you kicked out before that.

So, practically speaking, it's nothing to worry about.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Ok, that makes sense. Another possible way around: is there any rule for L4W stating that when a DM awards XP it must be equally rewarded to all players? If there isn't, could the DM just "bank" what XP you would get, then when you're approved give you (and only you) an XP award equal to what you missed?

But yes, with the speed most PbP games go, adventuring for a few weeks or even a month of real time without approval likely wouldn't make you miss out on any XP.

covaithe

Explorer
I suppose there's no reason a DM couldn't award xp to some players but not others, if he or she wanted. I'd probably want to discuss it with a judge first, if I were a DM considering that.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Thought I'd mention again that I'm interested in helping with character approvals. I know all of the judges are very busy, but I'll wait until at least one of you gives me the go-ahead - I don't feel comfortable "self-authorizing" myself. (That and I don't really have any sort of list of characters who have actually been submitted for approval ;))

Dunamin

First Post
Thought I'd mention again that I'm interested in helping with character approvals. I know all of the judges are very busy, but I'll wait until at least one of you gives me the go-ahead - I don't feel comfortable "self-authorizing" myself. (That and I don't really have any sort of list of characters who have actually been submitted for approval ;))
Certainly, always happy to have another hand help out! :)

I'll update the "status mail" we have going on what needs to be done, and send it to the email you submitted your PC from. Cov, how do you set up so that Sessadore have auto-forwarded submissions?

covaithe

Explorer
You have to log in to the judge email account and add a filter that forwards messages whose subject contains "L4W Character" to the appropriate email address. There are a couple of filters like that already for the other trial character judges.

I use firefox (or chrome, increasingly) for my normal browsing, so I keep IE logged in as the judge account both here and in gmail. Makes it easier to do stuff like this and editing the approved character list.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
So I can give my character his 2nd approval now, right?? :lol::angel:

Haha, just kidding. I wouldn't do something like that, and the 1st approval was also from a trial approver anyway. But I just couldn't resist ;)

covaithe

Explorer
Hehe. Actually, I don't think it's ever been stated explicitly, so: no reviewing your own character, whoever you are. Not that I think this was unclear to anyone, but it's worth having on the record.

Dunamin

First Post
You have to log in to the judge email account and add a filter that forwards messages whose subject contains "L4W Character" to the appropriate email address.
Alright, think I got it right.

Lord Sessadore, please check your email to see if you got the character submission I just forwarded to the judge email to test the filter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases