The Unit (Season 4)

Goodsport

Explorer
The new season begins on Sunday, September 28th and will air regularly on Sundays now.

The show went from being a pretty good show throughout its first two seasons to improving quite a bit near the end of that second season to airing an absolute humdinger of a cliffhanger season finale and subsequent season premiere to literally being the series I looked forward to watching the most each week last season until the Writers' Strike cut it short by December.

I can't wait to see (among other things) whether the Unit will finally replace the late Hector and if Molly's imprisoned father eventually finds his way to the army base. :eek:

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
It'll also be interesting to see what Mack will do now that he seems to know that there's been something going on between Colonel Ryan and Mack's wife Tiffany. :eek:

In any case, here is the one-minute trailer for the season premiere.

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
Season premiere tonight! :D

What's particularly notable is that unlike many other shows that returned to production shortly after the end of the Writers' Strike, this'll be the show's first new episode in nearly a full calendar year. :eek:

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
What a way to start the season (which you can watch again here)! :eek:

As with last season, this is absolutely one of the must-see shows of the season. :cool:

Next week: The Unit members pose as regular passengers on a foreign commercial flight to follow a nuclear scientist whom they believe is the next target of the terrorists that assassinated the Vice President and the Vice President-elect (and attempted to kill the President and the President-elect).

-G

Darkwolf71

First Post
Finally watched my DVR of the season premiere. WOW!

That may have been the best episode of the entire series. The whole saving the President Elect was very reminicent of 24 Season 1, probobaly intentional, but it was done well.

I'm not to sure about the 'replacment', though. Seems a bit of a PC move for the show, but it may play out ok. The Mack/Tiffy/Ryan thing is finally going to have closeure, but may end with the departure of one or more of the actors, and that will blow.

Great, great show. It's going to be a good season.

Goodsport

Explorer
Finally watched my DVR of the season premiere. WOW!

That may have been the best episode of the entire series. The whole saving the President Elect was very reminicent of 24 Season 1, probobaly intentional, but it was done well.
Agreed. That's saying quite a lot considering that the second-season finale / third-season premiere absolutely kicked major butt! :cool:

I'm not to sure about the 'replacment', though. Seems a bit of a PC move for the show, but it may play out ok. The Mack/Tiffy/Ryan thing is finally going to have closeure, but may end with the departure of one or more of the actors, and that will blow.
I also agree about the 'replacement', though let's see how that plays out.

As for Mack/Tiffy/Ryan, it's too bad that at least one of them may not last the season. :(

Great, great show. It's going to be a good season.
While I've certainly enjoyed the early episodes so far of the other shows that I'm following, this has become the show for me to watch for the second straight TV season! :)

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
A pretty good episode last night. The action was a bit more restrained compared to the season premiere (which is wont to happen when the Unit members have to blend in with airplane passengers during a hijacking), but in the end they got the situation under control and got the nuclear scientist and his notes delivered safely. :cool:

Perhaps troubling for the Unit are the still-unanswered issues of who hired the hijackers and whether they were connected to the attackers from last week's episode, what they wanted with the scientist and his notes, and who tipped off the hijackers to the planned assault of the plane as it was to land in Mexico City.

At the home front, the relocated families have a hard time adjusting to their new identities at their new digs in Sierra Ridge, California, particularly with Kim desperately wanting to see her children in Texas and Tiffy not being able to control hers (as well as later finding out who her new neighbors really are).

Next week: The Unit members are on another mission while the wives seemingly discover that being relocated to Sierra Ridge was more than just a coincidence.

-G

Teneb

Explorer
Am I the only one who's annoyed by the whole Tiffy/Mack storyline? Not the storyline itself I guess, but the fact that it's taking forever to resolve.

I enjoyed last night's episode. We obviously knew our team would come through, but they did a good job keeping the tension up until the end.

Goodsport

Explorer
Am I the only one who's annoyed by the whole Tiffy/Mack storyline? Not the storyline itself I guess, but the fact that it's taking forever to resolve.
On the other hand, i'll be interesting to see how it affects their children.

I enjoyed last night's episode. We obviously knew our team would come through, but they did a good job keeping the tension up until the end.
I enjoyed it too. :)

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
I can't believe that it took me until now to watch the latest episode from my HD-DVR. :eek: It's been a hectic week.

Anyway, an interesting episode involving the Unit's mission to obtain plutonium from a smuggler in Pristina, Kosovo, and to save the girls the local contact forces in trafficking in the sex trade. In the end, they were able to obtain the plutonium but couldn't save the girls. :(

Meanwhile, the mysterious dying radiation expert who helped Colonel Ryan throughout the mission still didn't reveal who had ultimately hired him (at least not by the end of the episode).

Also, teacher Tiffy got blackmailed by a male high school senior, who then (with the help of her older daughter Lizzie) turned the tables on him. Meanwhile, Kim received a babysitting job in which she eventually found a copy of the "company" brochure that shouldn't have been there.

Next week: The Unit members go on yet another mission while Mack & Tiffy's oldest daughter apparently goes "homicidal" at school.

-G

Remove ads