New Discussion Thread

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

New Discussion Thread

This thread is a continuation of the old discussion thread (which had grown to prodigious length).

The hope is that a new discussion thread will be a little bit more inviting for people.

This is for general discussion. While you should feel free to post about whatever you like there are several other threads that may be more appropriate for certain topics:
    The Character Review Thread -- in principle character approval is handled by email, but communication regarding approved characters can also go here
    The adventures you're thinking about running
    The characters you're planning on playing
    There are many other, more detailed threads; you can find them on the forum.

Generally Useful Links
    Character Creation Guide
    L4W Forum
    L4W Wiki (Main) - includes a lot of important but somewhat random information
    The Transitive Isles - the wiki that explains the setting; includes links to more detailed sections

If you have an idea about what character you want to play you can also just join us in the Tavern and roleplay.
    Last edited by L4W Facilitator; Friday, 19th September, 2008 at 06:06 AM.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Blog Entries

Ignore Graf
    I have produced a new sample PC sheet. It's just Callen twice, with the first section in the pre tag so people know what to copy and some minor edits at the bottom to explain the approval process.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

Well I suppose we have begun L4W's first battle over in EM: Dark Marks. If any more experienced 4th edition DMs would care to look in now and then I would greatly appreciate any forth coming feedback.

On a side note to my players does everyone understand the map sufficiently?
    Back after a long absence, and feeling rather sheepish.

Blog Entries

Ignore Erekose13
    Wow my character sure is long looking at that pre tag.
    Erekose13
    Art by Uneide!
    PbP

[Living 4th Edition]
    Callen Stewart Human Wizard 8
    Beyrk Verkunder Hobgoblin Bard 3

[Living Eberron]
    Gogmorthak d'Tharashk Orc Barbarian 6

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Blog Entries

Ignore Graf
    Yeah. But the advantage is that a lot of text is deleted, so you can just go down pretty quickly and edit fast (instead of having to delete each line).

And it's -all- there. I'll redo my PC (after I get my adventure approved) and see, but I think it'll be deceptively fast.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Blog Entries

Ignore Graf
    So am I running with just two (which I'm happy to do btw). If you're interested in investigation in Daunton drop by the thread and let me know.
    ...disquieting...

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Blog Entries

Ignore Atanatotatos
    Awwww...
    Current PBP
    DM in:
    Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

Playing:
    Koryo of the Tiger's Rest in Voda Vosa's "Path of Enlightment"
    Belleros Arkeion in Sparky's "Thorantar"
    Thormir Brassbeard in EvolutionKB's "Lost-Eberron-4eStyle"
    Anostor Duran in covaithe's "Death's Reach"

In L4W:
    Alexander Duran, Proud member of the MMC
    in:
    Phoenix8008's "The Captain's Caper"
    "Redblade's Riches"
    Hadarai Polemarkos
    in:
    KenHood's "TURTLEDOME!:Battle Bone"

In LEB:
    Thusk Tharashk Duran

Come join us in the Shifting Seas and Transitive Isles of Living 4th Edition, amazing adventures and great fun guaranteed!
    Then to play community 4e in Eberron join us in LEB too! Give life to your characters and contribute to the living settings!

Please excuse my poor English. It is not my first language.

Well I have added a Kicker to Brudd's sheet - which I am currently updateing to use all of the templates, etc. Here it is...

Love interest! Brudd has an on again off again romance with a Minotaur Paladin of Hadeys by he name of Dapple Merrowlite, or Daps. Dapple has already named their wedding day, claiming that she saw it in a holy vision. Brudd is fairly sure she is jokeing, she is jokeing right?She couldn't be serious, right? On the other hand Brudd would not put it past his god to stitch him up like that. Despite himself Brudd is not entirely displeased with the idea. According to Dapple they will be married on the next summer solstice.

I also added a hook which I think could make for a fun game in itself. Though it has the potential to set Brudd up as the Chief of a herd of Minotaurs they are primitive and dwell upon a distant Isle. If it ever came up Brudd would likely set them up as mercenaries and leave them to it.

Brudd does not know it but his father, Faun Brassback, was once the Chieftain of the Brazen Bulls Herd - Faun is now the owner of The Drowned Man in Bacarte. The Brassback's distinctive bronze streak is typical amongst the tribes dominant males, and only such a male can challenge for leadership - though if a leader chooses to issue a challenge any can answer it. However Faun was driven off by a worshipper of the Horned King named Snerll Thunderhorn who goaded Faun into accepting his challenge, despite his lack of the brazen back by killing Faun's mate - Brudd's mother. Faun was beaten into unconciousness and set adrift upon a raft - as per age old tradition dictated.

Snerll has dragged the Brazen Bulls back down into savagery, the slaughter all who come to their barren Isle in sacred rites where their prey are delivered blindfolded into the massive ruined labyrinths that dominate the Isle and stalked by the champions of the Horned King. However, many of the Minotaurs are not all happy with their lot, they remember the distant days of Faun's reign when the herd was making strides towards civilization and its benefits. But all bearers of a brass back, those with the right to challenge for leadership, have been hunted down and slaughtered by the ruthless Snerll... Or rather all but one.
    Back after a long absence, and feeling rather sheepish.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Yarr! I'd like ta be notin' that today be International Talk Like a Pirate Day. 'Twould be th' perfect time to be kickin' off a monstrous pirate game, ye scurvy dogs.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Blog Entries

Ignore Atanatotatos
    Nice hook Halford! (the second one) Actually it's been some time since i've wanted to place an adventure in a sort of huge labirynth-dungeon (or section of)... Maybe in a while, if no-one else takes the chance before...
    Current PBP
    DM in:
    Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

Playing:
    Koryo of the Tiger's Rest in Voda Vosa's "Path of Enlightment"
    Belleros Arkeion in Sparky's "Thorantar"
    Thormir Brassbeard in EvolutionKB's "Lost-Eberron-4eStyle"
    Anostor Duran in covaithe's "Death's Reach"

In L4W:
    Alexander Duran, Proud member of the MMC
    in:
    Phoenix8008's "The Captain's Caper"
    "Redblade's Riches"
    Hadarai Polemarkos
    in:
    KenHood's "TURTLEDOME!:Battle Bone"

In LEB:
    Thusk Tharashk Duran

Come join us in the Shifting Seas and Transitive Isles of Living 4th Edition, amazing adventures and great fun guaranteed!
    Then to play community 4e in Eberron join us in LEB too! Give life to your characters and contribute to the living settings!

Please excuse my poor English. It is not my first language.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast