New Discussion Thread

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

New Discussion Thread

This thread is a continuation of the old discussion thread (which had grown to prodigious length).

The hope is that a new discussion thread will be a little bit more inviting for people.

This is for general discussion. While you should feel free to post about whatever you like there are several other threads that may be more appropriate for certain topics:
    The Character Review Thread -- in principle character approval is handled by email, but communication regarding approved characters can also go here
    The adventures you're thinking about running
    The characters you're planning on playing
    There are many other, more detailed threads; you can find them on the forum.

Generally Useful Links
    Character Creation Guide
    L4W Forum
    L4W Wiki (Main) - includes a lot of important but somewhat random information
    The Transitive Isles - the wiki that explains the setting; includes links to more detailed sections

If you have an idea about what character you want to play you can also just join us in the Tavern and roleplay.
    Last edited by L4W Facilitator; Friday, 19th September, 2008 at 06:06 AM.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Graf
    I have produced a new sample PC sheet. It's just Callen twice, with the first section in the pre tag so people know what to copy and some minor edits at the bottom to explain the approval process.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

Well I suppose we have begun L4W's first battle over in EM: Dark Marks. If any more experienced 4th edition DMs would care to look in now and then I would greatly appreciate any forth coming feedback.

On a side note to my players does everyone understand the map sufficiently?
    Back after a long absence, and feeling rather sheepish.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Erekose13
    Wow my character sure is long looking at that pre tag.
    Erekose13
    Art by Uneide!
    PbP

[Living 4th Edition]
    Callen Stewart Human Wizard 8
    Beyrk Verkunder Hobgoblin Bard 3

[Living Eberron]
    Gogmorthak d'Tharashk Orc Barbarian 6

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Graf
    Yeah. But the advantage is that a lot of text is deleted, so you can just go down pretty quickly and edit fast (instead of having to delete each line).

And it's -all- there. I'll redo my PC (after I get my adventure approved) and see, but I think it'll be deceptively fast.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Graf
    So am I running with just two (which I'm happy to do btw). If you're interested in investigation in Daunton drop by the thread and let me know.
    ...disquieting...

Quote Originally Posted by Halford View Post
    On a side note to my players does everyone understand the map sufficiently?
    Ts'iri is the T's on the map right? And the NPC is T? Other than that clairification the map seems great.

As soon as Callen posts an action I'll post mine.

PS: almost forgot! "Arrr, mateys!"

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore WEContact
    Yes, but it probably won't be as good as a Wizard.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore fireinthedust
    I don't see why that is, but the char op threads keep pointing that out. Maybe it's that the implement is a wand, but Locks don't use Dex... or that Cha isn't really a great Wiz option.

I just like the Eldritch Blast as an At-Will, and the Wiz powers and cantrips along with it.
    MY FICTION: The first ever posted fan fiction for Numenera! Sword of Aeon (link: http://ninthworldhub.com/profiles/bl...of-aeon-part-1

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore WEContact
    It's partly because the two classes are built to do different things in combat (Warlocks are meant to do damage, Wizards are meant to keep monsters from doing what they want to do, for example slowing a brute so that he can't run past the defender to engage the cleric) and partly because Wizards have a lot more options, and much better feats and powers.

I'd really enjoy helping you figure out an effective build that you'd enjoy playing, but I need to know more first. Why do you like Eldritch Blast? Do you like the idea of the power, or do you like that it's a ranged basic attack? Or that it does 1d10 damage? Why do you like Wizard powers, for their mechanics or because they're cool? I think I get why you want cantrips, they have no real mechanical impact in combat so there's only one reason to want them: they're really cool.

Do you want to play a blaster mage, or a sorcerer* who uses illusions and enchantments to keep enemies from attacking?

*not referring to the Sorcerer class here, just using the word as a generic term for magic-user :P

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast