New Discussion Thread

renau1g

First Post
If the zombie apocolypse happened it could create one crazy mega-adventure if the stars aligned and all (or many) PC's were in the city. Different places for adventurers to go, higher levels might need to try and find the source, lower levels can help keep the zombies from spreading, protect important places, etc...

Sounds WUNDERBAR!

covaithe

Explorer
Ack! You used the evil term of doom!

(There are at least a few of us... okay, at least one... who start to twitch and shudder whenever someone uses the words "mega-adventure".)

One of my other ideas for an ongoing series of mini-adventures (see? Isn't that nicer?) involves random undead attacks. At least they seem random....

renau1g

First Post
Mega, in that it would link several parties together (and probably require the skills of several DM's working somewhat together), not necesarily a mega-adventure, in the vein of the Shackled City, or Queen of Spiders.

P.S. I love undead, my favourite enemies to throw at PC's, just ask my RL group, and their sad rogue...

KenHood

First Post
One of my other ideas for an ongoing series of mini-adventures (see? Isn't that nicer?) involves random undead attacks. At least they seem random....

I'm more interested in moving ahead to the fighting part in the adventure with the newspaper.

*COUGH*

:heh:

Let's go, dammit!

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Mega, in that it would link several parties together (and probably require the skills of several DM's working somewhat together), not necesarily a mega-adventure, in the vein of the Shackled City, or Queen of Spiders.
That would be really, really cool, if someone(s) could pull it off.

You'd have to make sure there was a big battle-royale at some point. IE the running parties make it to some stronghold, where there is already at least one other party, and then they have to hold off a big zombie assault all together ;) I'd have much pity on whoever DM'ed that though ... :S

renau1g

First Post
I also think the likelihood of even two adventuring parties being around might be pretty low, but yeah it would have to be a community event.... for a couple months.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I also think the likelihood of even two adventuring parties being around might be pretty low, but yeah it would have to be a community event.... for a couple months.
If you had enough DMs, the trick to getting players would be to schedule it just after the number of characters/poster is upped (if it ever is). That way, you'll get a whole glut of new PCs that need something to do.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
If you had enough DMs, the trick to getting players would be to schedule it just after the number of characters/poster is upped (if it ever is). That way, you'll get a whole glut of new PCs that need something to do.
Ooh, you could have the plague be the fire that christens the new batch of PCs. Of course, you'd have to get consent of all the players who would be involved, but I'm thinking that the new PCs basically led normal lives (city guard, seemingly untalented mage's apprentice, regular alley cutpurse, etc etc) ... until the zombies came. And then they discovered the greatness in them ;)

I dunno, I just think it would be cool to have a bunch of PCs who began their careers as "veterans of the zombie plague of '89" running around. Maybe it's just me.

renau1g

First Post
Hmmm... that might actually make sense as to how so many new adventurers appear (assuming that most people will make a 2nd PC, I know I will) and create a really interesting chapter of the 'living' world...

Maybe I should get to work on something as this is really really lighting my DM'ing fires, but I also want to be a part this from a PC side also.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases