New Discussion Thread

Graf

Explorer
Sorry if my prior post didn't strike the right tone.

If people feel like there is something about the setting as written that prevents them from running the game that they want to then I (and I think I speak for all the rest of the judges when I say this) am 100% behind getting the setting adjusted so that they can run their game.

We've had some tough moments trying to get different concepts in, but usually we've managed to work out a compromise that manages to allow that concept to fit without re-writing the setting in such a way that it ignores the broader needs of the community.

If there is something specific that the setting doesn't have I totally think we should talk about it. But a generalized comment about "the central section should be bigger so I can put something there' always makes me queasy.

• What, exactly, are we going to put there?
  • Why do we need to put it there?
  • If we do, say, increase Daunton by a factor of 10, so it's 300x300 and 30,000 square miles how do we decide what goes there?
    • Do we have a big competition? (with all the hurt and the excitement of people; who were once contributing as equals suddenly finding their ideas ranked?)
    • Do we just let the first person to post, or the first person to submit an adventure get to decide what the setting will be for everyone else?
    • Do we try to put a bunch of arbitrary rules to make sure that Daunton is still the central part of the setting? Or do we just have multiple cities, with multiple recruiting taverns and try to justify everything with a massive system of portals?

I'm sure that everyone could, individually, come up with something that they want to be 'the central most important zone' but I don't think, collectively its a good use of our resources.

Last edited:

The Goblin King

First Post
Perhaps a map scale? New people who havn't read every thread would be able to tell immediately how big the islands are.

Attachments

• TI_Map_scale.jpg
    TI_Map_scale.jpg
    959.1 KB · Views: 373

renau1g

First Post
Oh, I was actually referring to the one active L4W game (and not being entirely serious - its fun to observe other games).

Meep! That means the pressures on doesn't it? As the only active game everyone's watching our every move...:eek:

I hope I don't disappoint. :cool:

On a more serious note, I agree that we can maybe set up OOC threads for each adventure, perhaps a wiki page, that the players can edit? That way too the main folder is relatively clean? Just a thought.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Well... I think ooc talk can weel be managed with sblocks in the main threads of the adventure... shouldn't be too much of a trouble... the forum isn't very large now, but in perspective, i thing keeping it as less chaotic as possible is going to pay...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Well... I think ooc talk can weel be managed with sblocks in the main threads of the adventure... shouldn't be too much of a trouble... the forum isn't very large now, but in perspective, i thing keeping it as less chaotic as possible is going to pay...
General LEW/LEB practice is to do just that: Keep it in the thread and mark it OOC somehow. Wiki might work, but it becomes another out of band channel.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Just checking here: I've got Hrav, Quagmire, Brudd, and Alexander for the pirate adventure so far. Anybody else that is interested in this adventure? Maybe your character isn't wuite approved or finished? I'd really like to have a 5th PC, preferably a controller or arcane something, but that doesn't look really likely right now. I've already bent the 'monster' part of the adventure to let Alexander in. So if anybody else is interested, regardless of race please let me know and I'll see if I can fit your PC in. If not, I can go with 4 PC's and make do adjusting the encounters down a little. With a Fighter, a Rogue, a Warlord and a Cleric they are gonna be a pretty solid crew as it is.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases