New Discussion Thread

Halford

First Post
Oh, and for the upmarket Minotaur bouncer how about a female Minotaur Paladin? I have one knocking around in Brudd's backstory, or more specifically his kicker. Plus, you know, it would be part of my continueing nefarious plan to populate the world with Brudd friendly NPCs.

covaithe, I am not sure you were responding to my comments, but if so nope. You would not give up items, just recieve one item per level at varying power levels as the DMG suggests - although with more control because of the nature of a living world. I would hope that players and DM scould agree to accept items that are "supposed" to be for their character and that DM swill tailor such items to be desirable and useful to their PCs.

So Pheonix knows that Brudd is to get a level 4 item at first level. Pheonix knows that Brudd's favored weapon is a large bastard sword. Lo and behold the party find a level 4 +1 Terror Large Bastard sword and Brudd takes it. Of course all cases might not be so cut and dried so their would need to be an OOC understanding.

Esch PC would also recieve 1/5 of the recommended gold for the level.

Not sure what to do about trading, maybe we could require the use of residium to allow attunement to items, unless they were granted by fate or conquest. Objectionable to be sure, but perhaps worth it for balances sake?

Last edited:

Dunamin

First Post
Oh, and for the upmarket Minotaur bouncer how about a female Minotaur Paladin? I have one knocking around in Brudd's backstory, or more specifically his kicker. Plus, you know, it would be part of my continueing nefarious plan to populate the world with Brudd friendly NPCs.
How about a - gasp! - human instead? At the current rate we may as well rename the setting the Monstrous Isles. ;)

Halford

First Post
*Shuffles feet* Well Graf suggested it, *points accusingly* I was just trying to throw Brudd's fiance into the mix! I will admit that you do have a good point we could use a few more human NPCs. Though in the specific role being discussed a Minotaur does fit well flavor wise, I believe it makes sense for Minotaurs bodyguards to be regarded as symbols of prestiege amongst the Merchants of Bacarte and Dauntonian nobility.

Dunamin

First Post
Ah, I see your plans now… You want to place minos close to all central locales and VIPs to coup the Proximates in order to make way for the rising Cow Kingdom!

Seriously, though, I think minotaurs in Bacarte are very appropriate, but Dauntonians seem more likely to hire a dwarf or some such for their high estate security. Both may be very effective at what they do, but the latter usually has a more "fitting" reputation.

At any rate, I'm thinking there are more than one bouncer at these locales - considering how they mystically fill with adventurers I think there's cause for some tight security that can deal with a variety of powerful troublemakers!

covaithe

Explorer
Ah, I see your plans now… You want to place minos close to all central locales and VIPs to coup the Proximates in order to make way for the rising Cow Kingdom!

That's it, I'm totally proposing an adventure where you have to combine a dead boy's peg leg with a portal ritual scroll to open a special portal to the secret cow level.

(I actually might be serious about that, somewhere down the line...)

Halford

First Post
That's it, I'm totally proposing an adventure where you have to combine a dead boy's peg leg with a portal ritual scroll to open a special portal to the secret cow level.

Three words. Pure unadulterated awesome.

Personally if we ever reach Epic tier I plan to run an adventure where the PCs get to travel to the home of Hadeys, the infamous Invisible Castle where Hadeys decides the fates of men.

Now I am going to write I will stop thinking about any level higher than five three hundred times.

garyh

First Post

There is no cow level.

And yes, I'd be all over such an adventure.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
We have our first L4W skill challenge! Weeeeeee! :)

---

As for the "elite" club, wasn't the Hanged Man associated with the now/former mayor of Daunton (former squire of the five). I'd image he'd have a "swanky" upstairs, especially if Mauros requested it.

Incarnation: Of course, if I... I mean, Mauros requested it, I should be up there instead of down here....

Graf

Explorer
How about a - gasp! - human instead? At the current rate we may as well rename the setting the Monstrous Isles. ;)
When Ere totalled it up a while ago we had a bucket load of humans. Five to be exact.
There was one race with 3 and every other race had 1.

So we have plenty of humans methinks. :)

I put a bit about "false consensus" in the character creation guide but I don't think that we need to be concerned about 10 or 20 minotaurs.... why do they work as body and door guards?
Prejudice... they can't get normal jobs...
(Not that I thin prejudice is good or funny or anything but when you're 8 feet tall, covered with hair and your parents come from an island where human was the answer to the question "what's for dinner, if you're lucky?" your career choices are pretty limited)

It'd be funny if the minotaur doorguard had a young son who he wanted to get "a proper education".
I spend all day on my hooves so that you have a better chance... I want you to be in there having humans in fancy outfits serving you drinks.
Now stop hanging around out here and get back back to the books or you'll be studying with a pillow on your rear!​

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases