New Discussion Thread

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Who from my perspective group is in the inn now?
All but Amicus has been approved; neither Amicus or Riardon has made an appearance (might have to nudge WD in the KoTS thread).

Dalzim Zalimock is in the tavern right now, expecting some comments about his loud entrance :cool:
Not sure how an "annoying" gnome will gel will the much more taciturn Incarnation. A controller would be nice, however....

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Opposed poles attract each other. I think that sort of things generate interesting and humorous role playing scenes.
Possible. But, in RL, I've had several "annoying" gnomes become annoying gnomes, so I'm a little burned out on this. I've had it go the other way as well (my wife's gnome warlock was fun and not destructive to the game), just less often. It comes down to different beliefs about humor (tastes vary).

Voda Vosa

First Post
I support Gameforged in that, who didn't laugh in Galdurs gate 2 when the gnome spoke those large dialogs regarding his many relatives and their trades? It was Funny. For what I have red in the tavern, Garforged's gnome seems to be similar to that one.

Dunamin

First Post
Personally I like the idea that there's no security in Bacarte; if you fight you never get to set foot there again.
If someone starts a fight and you don't step in to help. You're "gored" and gonna have trouble getting work. If you enthusiastically pummel the offender, Faun may have a positive word to say about you to potential employers.
I think the Drowned Man rule that everyone join in or be "gored" is a fun quirk for that tavern, but that it’s a strain on verisimilitude to apply it to every tavern in the setting. Certainly the Gilded Arrow patrons expect that guards deal with troublemakers, not that the burden is on themselves.

Bar brawls are a classic hallmark of D&D and I would think that major establishments where they happen often have security corresponding to their needs. It’s usually not about what level the bouncer is, it’s about visibility: the fact that there're one or more peacekeepers deters many escalating episodes (characters don’t think in terms of levels, anyway).
Thus my suggestion, that taverns that host plentiful clientele of the adventurous sort usually have more than one peacekeeper around to add credibility to the setting.

renau1g

First Post
Just a quick question: Is it possible for the L4W Facilitator account can edit the OP in the tavern to have a list of PC's in the tavern? It would help out DM's looking to run a game, but I know its a bit more work for you to administer.

covaithe

Explorer
It's a good idea, but I'm going to respectfully decline to do it myself. LEW had a "who's in the tavern?" thread for a while, but it turned out to be a ton of work to maintain and no one was interested in keeping up with it, so it became less and less accurate, and I don't think it's been right for a while now.

Maybe this would be a good application for wiki categories? If we had a "Looking for Adventure" category, that you remove yourself from when you've got an adventure, DMs could check that? Hmm, that might have problems though if unapproved characters get in it...

garyh

First Post
It's a good idea, but I'm going to respectfully decline to do it myself. LEW had a "who's in the tavern?" thread for a while, but it turned out to be a ton of work to maintain and no one was interested in keeping up with it, so it became less and less accurate, and I don't think it's been right for a while now.

Maybe this would be a good application for wiki categories? If we had a "Looking for Adventure" category, that you remove yourself from when you've got an adventure, DMs could check that? Hmm, that might have problems though if unapproved characters get in it...

I agree with cov here on the troubles of a "who's in the tavern" list.

A LFG category on the wiki would be great, I think. And I don't see a problem with unapproved characters being listed there. Unapproved characters can start adventures, they just can't get XP until they are approved.

garyh

First Post
A couple more thoughts -

Hafrogman - That picture you're using for Tristan is awesome! Where did you find it? That chest symbol reminds me of Erdrick's symbol in Dragon Warrior. Also, maybe you could post that picture in Tristan's wiki page (not a bad idea for anyone with a pic, actually).

Judges - I'm judging Ebon Mirror, but we need judges for the Captain's Caper (in which I'm playing) and the Closed Eye (which Graf is running). Anyone willing to step up?

covaithe

Explorer
I think Graf was planning on judging the Captain's Caper, since at the time it started he was the only judge not playing in it. Dunamin has since come on, though.

As for Closed Eye, I'm willing, but I'd also be willing to let someone else take it up. I'm not yet quite as up to speed on 4e from a DM's perspective as I should be.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases