New Discussion Thread - Page 16

+ Log in or register to post
Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    And don't forget E13's game which is coming online.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore hafrogman
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Hafrogman - That picture you're using for Tristan is awesome! Where did you find it? That chest symbol reminds me of Erdrick's symbol in Dragon Warrior. Also, maybe you could post that picture in Tristan's wiki page (not a bad idea for anyone with a pic, actually).
    It is a really great picture. It comes from concept art by Tim Collier posted on the Reaper Miniature page. For reasons unknown to me, the picture in question is no longer linked from that page, but it's obviously still there. I colored and edited it for my own purposes.

Sadly, Tim's art seems fairly hard to come by. I can only imagine that somewhere there exist stacks and stacks of impossibly cool concept art for Reaper minis that he can't post, because he doesn't have the rights, and they don't really care about. A tragedy, because I love his stuff.

As for the wiki, it comes with a fairly sternly worded warning against posting anything copywritten by someone else. So the picture stays in the threads.
    Last edited by hafrogman; Friday, 26th September, 2008 at 05:27 PM.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    Thanks for the links! And yeah, I'd forgotten about the copywrite issue on the wiki. Well, I suppose people can link to pics of their PC's, or upload their own art.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

As for a judge for The Closed Eye, I think we just need a decision from Graf, its been highly entertaining so far so I volunteered - since I will likely be reading it anyway!

The Palindrone Dod*3 dynamic is hilarious, check it out if you don't know what I mean.
    Back after a long absence, and feeling rather sheepish.

How do I...?

Hey,

How do I put an image in a post?

I've got a sketch of Palindrome in all his--er--averageness. But I don't know how to stick it on the page.

Thanks.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore hafrogman
    Quote Originally Posted by KenHood View Post
    Hey,

How do I put an image in a post?

I've got a sketch of Palindrome in all his--er--averageness. But I don't know how to stick it on the page.

Thanks.
    If it's hosted somewhere else you can use the image tag

[IMG]the image's url (http:// abcd .com)[/IMG]

If it's just on your hard drive you can attach it to the post using "manage attachments", scroll down from the text box when making a new post.

Once it's attached you can use the attachment's url in the [IMG] tags as well, if you want it embedded in the post itself.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

Cool. Thanks.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Dunamin
    Quote Originally Posted by covaithe View Post
    I think Graf was planning on judging the Captain's Caper, since at the time it started he was the only judge not playing in it. Dunamin has since come on, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by stonegod View Post
    And don't forget E13's game which is coming online.
    If need be I could take on judging either, I suppose. However, when skimming through feedback on Ere's adventure I caught sight of a comment which was about to reference something from the Closed Eye. So I stopped reading since I'm playing in that adventure (pretty much insta-closed all windows by instinct).

Please, fellow judges, don't include spoilers for one adventure in the review of another!
    Last edited by Dunamin; Saturday, 27th September, 2008 at 10:38 AM.

Well I now have Brudd attempting to write the Bible of Hadeys, which he calls "A Guide to the Proper and Profitable Worship of Hadeys", and contains such useful and instructional information as a beginner's guide to money lending, how to be a respectful tomb robber, and a treatize upon gambling as well as fables and tales of the god and his exemplars. Of course this will not be finished anytime soon, but might be an interesting plot device later on. I have also added a slight spin to the tale of how Hadeys acquired Obolus - the black coin. This need not be the definitive version of course.

The gist is that the bet between Hadeys and Vulkar was that Hadeys could not procure a single gift for Peresefa(sp?) which was both finite and potentially eternal, and which had infinite potential. Vulkar bet his prized hammer Sky Thunder and Hadeys bet his wife Peresefa - he is the god of gambling afterall - Hadeys gave Peresefa the Shadar-Kai, a race being a single thing with each member being finite, but the race itself potentially eternal.

Hadeys won the bet, but angered Peresefa. A distraught Vulkar was forced to put a part of his essense the crafting of Obolus, which he exchanged for Sky Thunder.
    Back after a long absence, and feeling rather sheepish.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Dunamin
    Quote Originally Posted by Halford View Post
    Well I now have Brudd attempting to write the Bible of Hadeys, which he calls "A Guide to the Proper and Profitable Worship of Hadeys", and contains such useful and instructional information as a beginner's guide to money lending, how to be a respectful tomb robber, and a treatize upon gambling as well as fables and tales of the god and his exemplars. Of course this will not be finished anytime soon, but might be an interesting plot device later on. I have also added a slight spin to the tale of how Hadeys acquired Obolus - the black coin. This need not be the definitive version of course.

The gist is that the bet between Hadeys and Vulkar was that Hadeys could not procure a single gift for Peresefa(sp?) which was both finite and potentially eternal, and which had infinite potential. Vulkar bet his prized hammer Sky Thunder and Hadeys bet his wife Peresefa - he is the god of gambling afterall - Hadeys gave Peresefa the Shadar-Kai, a race being a single thing with each member being finite, but the race itself potentially eternal.

Hadeys won the bet, but angered Peresefa. A distraught Vulkar was forced to put a part of his essense the crafting of Obolus, which he exchanged for Sky Thunder.
    From the brief outline it sounds great, Halford! Would be nice to see some applied principles for the gods in the setting.

Offhand, the only recommendation I can think of is that the name Sky Thunder sounds like something more applicable to Joven than Vulkar. How about Fateforger or Brightspark or some such instead?

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast