New Discussion Thread

hafrogman

Adventurer
Hafrogman - That picture you're using for Tristan is awesome! Where did you find it? That chest symbol reminds me of Erdrick's symbol in Dragon Warrior. Also, maybe you could post that picture in Tristan's wiki page (not a bad idea for anyone with a pic, actually).
It is a really great picture. It comes from concept art by Tim Collier posted on the Reaper Miniature page. For reasons unknown to me, the picture in question is no longer linked from that page, but it's obviously still there. I colored and edited it for my own purposes.

Sadly, Tim's art seems fairly hard to come by. I can only imagine that somewhere there exist stacks and stacks of impossibly cool concept art for Reaper minis that he can't post, because he doesn't have the rights, and they don't really care about. A tragedy, because I love his stuff.

As for the wiki, it comes with a fairly sternly worded warning against posting anything copywritten by someone else. So the picture stays in the threads.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Thanks for the links! And yeah, I'd forgotten about the copywrite issue on the wiki. Well, I suppose people can link to pics of their PC's, or upload their own art.

Halford

First Post
As for a judge for The Closed Eye, I think we just need a decision from Graf, its been highly entertaining so far so I volunteered - since I will likely be reading it anyway!

The Palindrone Dod*3 dynamic is hilarious, check it out if you don't know what I mean.

KenHood

First Post
How do I...?

Hey,

How do I put an image in a post?

I've got a sketch of Palindrome in all his--er--averageness. But I don't know how to stick it on the page.

Thanks.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Hey,

How do I put an image in a post?

I've got a sketch of Palindrome in all his--er--averageness. But I don't know how to stick it on the page.

Thanks.
If it's hosted somewhere else you can use the image tag

abcd .com)

If it's just on your hard drive you can attach it to the post using "manage attachments", scroll down from the text box when making a new post.

Once it's attached you can use the attachment's url in the

Dunamin

First Post
I think Graf was planning on judging the Captain's Caper, since at the time it started he was the only judge not playing in it. Dunamin has since come on, though.
And don't forget E13's game which is coming online.
If need be I could take on judging either, I suppose. However, when skimming through feedback on Ere's adventure I caught sight of a comment which was about to reference something from the Closed Eye. So I stopped reading since I'm playing in that adventure (pretty much insta-closed all windows by instinct).

Please, fellow judges, don't include spoilers for one adventure in the review of another!

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Well I now have Brudd attempting to write the Bible of Hadeys, which he calls "A Guide to the Proper and Profitable Worship of Hadeys", and contains such useful and instructional information as a beginner's guide to money lending, how to be a respectful tomb robber, and a treatize upon gambling as well as fables and tales of the god and his exemplars. Of course this will not be finished anytime soon, but might be an interesting plot device later on. I have also added a slight spin to the tale of how Hadeys acquired Obolus - the black coin. This need not be the definitive version of course.

The gist is that the bet between Hadeys and Vulkar was that Hadeys could not procure a single gift for Peresefa(sp?) which was both finite and potentially eternal, and which had infinite potential. Vulkar bet his prized hammer Sky Thunder and Hadeys bet his wife Peresefa - he is the god of gambling afterall - Hadeys gave Peresefa the Shadar-Kai, a race being a single thing with each member being finite, but the race itself potentially eternal.

Hadeys won the bet, but angered Peresefa. A distraught Vulkar was forced to put a part of his essense the crafting of Obolus, which he exchanged for Sky Thunder.

Dunamin

First Post
Well I now have Brudd attempting to write the Bible of Hadeys, which he calls "A Guide to the Proper and Profitable Worship of Hadeys", and contains such useful and instructional information as a beginner's guide to money lending, how to be a respectful tomb robber, and a treatize upon gambling as well as fables and tales of the god and his exemplars. Of course this will not be finished anytime soon, but might be an interesting plot device later on. I have also added a slight spin to the tale of how Hadeys acquired Obolus - the black coin. This need not be the definitive version of course.

The gist is that the bet between Hadeys and Vulkar was that Hadeys could not procure a single gift for Peresefa(sp?) which was both finite and potentially eternal, and which had infinite potential. Vulkar bet his prized hammer Sky Thunder and Hadeys bet his wife Peresefa - he is the god of gambling afterall - Hadeys gave Peresefa the Shadar-Kai, a race being a single thing with each member being finite, but the race itself potentially eternal.

Hadeys won the bet, but angered Peresefa. A distraught Vulkar was forced to put a part of his essense the crafting of Obolus, which he exchanged for Sky Thunder.
From the brief outline it sounds great, Halford! Would be nice to see some applied principles for the gods in the setting.

Offhand, the only recommendation I can think of is that the name Sky Thunder sounds like something more applicable to Joven than Vulkar. How about Fateforger or Brightspark or some such instead?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases