New Discussion Thread

Halford

First Post
Ah, actually I should have been clearer, the basics of that already exist in the wiki. The wiki has Vulkar loosing Sky Thunder to Hadeys (Lauto) in a bet, but does not give the details of the bet. In the races section the Shadar-Kai were created by Hadeys, and gifted to Peresefa. I merely combined the two stories.

garyh

First Post
Well I now have Brudd attempting to write the Bible of Hadeys, which he calls "A Guide to the Proper and Profitable Worship of Hadeys", and contains such useful and instructional information as a beginner's guide to money lending, how to be a respectful tomb robber, and a treatize upon gambling as well as fables and tales of the god and his exemplars.

Don't forget:

"I wondered if Hrav might take a look at the dos and don'ts of enforcement fer me - ye know which breaks heal and which don't that kinda thing. "

I tell ya, Hrav was envisioned more as a Merkari and Maros kind of guy, but hanging around Brudd just might convert him. Especially if he gets to help write the Gospel of Thuggery. :)

And I totally enjoy the way you're taking Brudd and his relationship with Hadeys. Brudd has to be the most interesting and enjoyable cleric I've seen in play. Definitely fun to see his relationship and interpretation of his deity.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Don't forget:

I tell ya, Hrav was envisioned more as a Merkari and Maros kind of guy, but hanging around Brudd just might convert him. Especially if he gets to help write the Gospel of Thuggery. :)

And I totally enjoy the way you're taking Brudd and his relationship with Hadeys. Brudd has to be the most interesting and enjoyable cleric I've seen in play. Definitely fun to see his relationship and interpretation of his deity.

I agree. Brudd's a lot of fun.:D

Halford

First Post
Thanks guys, Brudds a lot of fun to play and I have always loved the Hadeys fluff section. Brudd just thinks worshipping Hadeys is a no brainer, so while he is not exactly seeking converts he undoubtedly believes that those whose morality is purely practical - like his own - ought to convert out of enlightened self interest. I mean whoever else you worsre going to end up spending eternity with Hadeys, you might as well get on his good side...

KenHood

First Post
Palindrome...

Pft! It's just superstitious hogwash to manipulate the proletariat. Next thing, you'll be pontificating on the benefit of extrasolar mushroom brains.

Save your time and effort. Worship a tangible god standing right in front of you that will ignore your every desire, just like the distant "ephemeral" invisible ones. Worship Palindrome!

Halford

First Post
Whats the benefit package? Can you promise eternal life to inviolate the Bruddian central thesis of sensible self preservation? ;)

KenHood

First Post
Palindrome offers the same benefits as the standard diety: You can pray to him all that you want, and if he responds, it will definitely be a miracle.

What more could you possibly want from a god?

But wait, there's more!

You want the promise of eternal life? Okay. Palindrome promises it.

Surely an AMAZING bargain, but there's STILL MORE!

You want tangible proof of your deity's existence?

Sure. Who doesn't?

Unlike distant, intangible, otherplanar entities, Palindrome lives in city of Daunton! Confound unbelievers by POINTING at your god as he walks down the street!

Act now! Don't delay! Worship Palindrome today!

hafrogman

Adventurer
Act now! Don't delay! Worship Palindrome today!
It's like worshipping Billy Mays.

Normally for services like this, you could expect to donate up to 10% of your income to the church. But thanks to today's special offer, if you convert in the next hour, we'll cut the required donations in half!

Dunamin

First Post
Normally for services like this, you could expect to donate up to 10% of your income to the church. But thanks to today's special offer, if you convert in the next hour, we'll cut the required donations in half!
You know, I figure Lauto demands something like a donation of 23.75% of your income, taxes not included, with a great dental plan but a lousy life insurance.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases