New Discussion Thread

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Frankly, I think there will almost always be more defenders and strikers than controllers and leaders. There might be a few more controllers proportionally once new classes are available (wizard might be getting less love from players because of the huge nerf from 3.5, even if the wizard is balanced in 4e), but I think defenders and especially strikers will always retain a favorite spot.

That said, it seems like most of the characters that have been sent in for approval recently were wizards. As for defenders, we should really be saying "fighters" - I think Skalisss and myself are the only active paladins; Graf has a paladin as well, be he's on hiatus.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Well, you can't see those articles without a D&DI subscription. So that's not an option, IMO.

Sorry, wasn't offering them up as a we should use them now. I was suggesting we wait till phb2 is published. Those links were to respond to the comment about no controllers being previewed.

but I guess my whole comment is moot, I didn't realize what the true numbers were, for some reason when I did my count I only found 4 wizards, and I thought that was too few. My appologies.

garyh

First Post
I just thought I'd stop in to say that it's fun to see adventurer's returning to the tavern, swapping tales, and looking for new work. It's a big step for us as a living world. :)

renau1g

First Post
Murphy came back from a less-than successful adventure ;), hopefully his next endaevor works better for him. *Curse you sickness*

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]four should be fine, now that i think about it. an extra defender should make up for the lack of controller. figure our which warlord you want and let me know[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
four should be fine, now that i think about it. an extra defender should make up for the lack of controller. figure our which warlord you want and let me know.
Aw, can't we take both of the warlords? :( Then we'd still have 5 members, and we don't have to make such a tough decision. ;)

Also, not sure if you were intending to post this in the Tavern thread instead of this one, but in this thread there's no character to be out of. :)

covaithe

Explorer
There are at least three wizards not currently on adventure: Vashik, Cross, and Vlastos. I'm pretty sure that Vlastos posted in the tavern recently.

It makes the tactician in me itch, that neither of the two adventures can seem to find a controller.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
It would be nice if some adventures would build in a way to join after they've already started. (Obviously that won't always be possible...) It kind of sucks to sit around RP'ing in the tavern waiting for an adventure to start, then spend a few days inactive and return to find out a quest started and all the people you were RP'ing with left without you...

In this case, we don't want to wait forever for those wizards to post, but we also don't want to start up without them and then find out we were just starting during the couple of days they were too busy to post.

garyh

First Post
It would be nice if some adventures would build in a way to join after they've already started. (Obviously that won't always be possible...) It kind of sucks to sit around RP'ing in the tavern waiting for an adventure to start, then spend a few days inactive and return to find out a quest started and all the people you were RP'ing with left without you...

In this case, we don't want to wait forever for those wizards to post, but we also don't want to start up without them and then find out we were just starting during the couple of days they were too busy to post.

That's a valid point. It just depends on the DM, the adventure, and the character to be added.

- Closed Eye added someone easily, as they're running around Daunton.
- Ebon Mirror picked up a new member out in the world, the new member not having ever gone to the tavern, but coming in straight from a town the group passed through.
- Captain's Caper hasn't added anyone, but it could do so either of the above ways, as the group is sailing around the Transitive Isles. You could have the ship sail into Daunton briefly, or a new member join on another isle.

Just gotta be creative, I guess.

JRYoung

First Post
I think it is a good option to add in a character like Vlastos in flight, you know he will resurface (and if not you can get another character by "messanger").

Another option I posted in the tavern OOC was to take another striker. In the case of the Kobold game our striker is a Rogue, so a ranged striker is not a bad compromise.

My 2 coppers...

Remove ads