New Discussion Thread

garyh

First Post
When was the planned time to add a second character? I forgot and don't have the time to peruse the thread?

Thanks

There was no firm date, it was just in with all the other "We can discuss this three months after L4W starts" items. So if you want to make a formal proposal, feel free to do so in another thread. :)

hafrogman

Adventurer
There was no firm date, it was just in with all the other "We can discuss this three months after L4W starts" items. So if you want to make a formal proposal, feel free to do so in another thread. :)
I think a lot of people wanted to bring it up at the same time as the FRPG so that all the new characters could be Genasi Swordmages. :) Of course, now we're a mere . . . four and a half months before the PHB2 can be put forward, right?

garyh

First Post
I think a lot of people wanted to bring it up at the same time as the FRPG so that all the new characters could be Genasi Swordmages. :) Of course, now we're a mere . . . four and a half months before the PHB2 can be put forward, right?

Indeed. As much as I'm eager to run a second PC, and as much as I like genasi swordmages, I may just wait for the PHB2 to be an option before creating a second PC.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Hmmm... that might actually make sense as to how so many new adventurers appear (assuming that most people will make a 2nd PC, I know I will) and create a really interesting chapter of the 'living' world...

Maybe I should get to work on something as this is really really lighting my DM'ing fires, but I also want to be a part this from a PC side also.
From my thoughts, I was thinking it might be cool to invent a new town for the plague to take place in. That way, the DM(s) can utterly destroy the town, unlike the light-stepping they'd have to do if it were in Daunton. Granted, it doesn't have the same emotional attachment as Daunton, but that's both pro and con.

If the zombies did happen in a yet-to-be-invented place, I was thinking that the survivors then pile on to a boat and wind up in Daunton or the Proximate Isles. They could be leaving for any of a number of reasons. Two I thought of:
1. The zombies are defeated, but none of the survivors possess the skills needed to rebuild or sustain a town (ie - no carpenters, masons, farmers, etc...)
2. The zombies aren't defeated, and escaping by sea is the only way out - zombies more rampant on the land side (possibly originating outside town?). This leaves the town as a place for the PCs to return to to reclaim their homes ;)
I believe there was people waiting for the FRPG to propose 2nd characters, yes. It would be cool to have the PHB2 approved at the same time, but I have a feeling it would take a lot longer to approve FRPG and PHB2 at the same time. But hey, I suppose that's up to whoever decides to propose. ;)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Indeed. As much as I'm eager to run a second PC, and as much as I like genasi swordmages, I may just wait for the PHB2 to be an option before creating a second PC.
The zombie plague adventurer influx would also be a really good way to introduce the flood of new classes, too ;)

Edit: Woohoo! Post 777! :D

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases