New Discussion Thread

garyh

First Post
We may have an issue with the way we request players put content in their character sheets: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4674551-post9.html

It's more than just us, as the majority of PbP Rogue's Gallery posts have the same sort of info.

The problem here to me is, if we can't do that sort of posting, it makes it much harder to expand the pool of available rules, since if we stop posting power descriptions, it's much harder for a DM to know what his players are doing if he doesn't have a given book. How will a DM without the FRPG run a game with a swordmage if we don't have the info we currently have posted?

Erekose13

Explorer
Absolutely. Its the reason that LEW chose to go SRD+homebrew only. It could potentially have a major impact on how PbP is conducted on this whole site.

renau1g

First Post
Yikes.... although I'm not sure if what is posted allows people to make characters, which is the bigger issue, but I echo others in thinking we should bring it up to Morrus. Would a judge mind sending him a message on this? At the very least it's his site and he should be aprised of this situation.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Now, I have a question for the judges, and Garyh and Covaithe in particular, since they have a conflinct of interests :D
The Bloody Wake is something in-between a Longship and a Greatship; so, still according to AV, its value is somewhere in-between 5,000 and 13,000 gps. Now: what would happen if the friendly neighborhood Mostly Monstuous Crew decided that they got attached to it and that they want to keep it? :angel:

Dunamin

First Post
Of course, I'm not trying to inspire the DM or anything but as judge of the game I couldn't help but notice that there's currently a storm raging and most of the crew on both ships is busy fighting the opposition. Meaning:

• Less people are making sure the ships don't run aground or sail into anything nasty. :angel:
  • A great battle like that does no wonders for the hull integrity of a ship. ;)
  • The PCs are fighting the lackeys of a powerful and influential crook who has a habit of getting his dirty hands on what doesn't belong to him. :devil:

Seriously though, a good DM like Phoenix probably has his ways...

covaithe

Explorer
Yes, I'm sure he has his ways. However, doing a bit of math, the cash value of the treasure packets going from level 1 to 2 is 3760. Going from 2 to 3, it's 5360. So a party going from level one to halfway between 2 and 3 might quite reasonably expect to get 6440g worth of treasure. And I do note that this adventure has been remarkably light on treasure so far...

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yeah, but we can't spend all the money (or at least, virtual money) for the ship. I mean, we can, but we'll need magic equipment pretty soon to stay in the power curve....
Though the idea does have its merits....uhmmm...

Remove ads