New Discussion Thread

Dunamin

First Post
I think a rough map scale actually is a pretty good idea to limit how often the question of Daunton island size pops up. Right now the map is the only image on the main Transitive Isles wiki-page, so it should be hard to miss.

Meep! That means the pressures on doesn't it? As the only active game everyone's watching our every move...:eek:

I hope I don't disappoint. :cool:
You guys are currently on scrying prime time for every broadband crystal ball viewer across the Shifting Seas – who will suffer the cruel fate of being the first PC death in L4W history? ;)

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
I've scanned the current adventure proposals and recruiting threads. I think that Girth is the only approved character currently not enrolled in an adventure or being recruited on the sly (like Graf and I are doing).

renau1g

First Post
You guys are currently on scrying prime time for every broadband crystal ball viewer across the Shifting Seas – who will suffer the cruel fate of being the first PC death in L4W history? ;)

As long as you keep Irontooth away from me I should be ok ;)

I've lost 2 PC's to that goblin on steroids... :rant:

Halford

First Post
We should go on over to the Ebon Mirror thread and steal one of theirs. We could take 'em. ;)

Hey!

Sorry for the somewhat lacksidasical(sp?) posting over the last few days folks. I agree that this is not the place for OOC game discussion, so we will try to keep it in our thread! But I'm glad to hear that so many people are looking in to see all of my mistakes, err, I mean brilliant tactical decisions, yes, yes, that was it.

Anyway as to the size of Daunton, first off Graf I think you do need to calm down a little about these things, the only time I ever recall reading about Daunton's size was in a two post dialogue between you and The Goblin King. I am sorry if you have had exhaustive conversations about it, but if I was involved - and I might have been - I don't recall, which is why I asked about it.

I'm not trying to "define the setting", I just want enough room for several monsterous tribes without stretching credulity. Since I have a group of Eladrin just moved in and I believe there have been at least two suggestions of other entities within the main Isle.

True I did hope the Isle was larger and I was happy with the idea that if undefined its size could be nebulous as a part of the transitive Isles, maybe their are swathes of Isle that are occasionally part of the Feywild, etc.?

As I recall you yourself were the chief opponent of defined mapping. And frankly I don't think that by voteing for the Transitive Isles, which I did btw, we necessarily give up all rights for future discussion on the matter. It seems apparent that many people voted without being aware of the 30 mile size.

My understanding of the setting was that it was supposed to be modular so that DMs were not restricted. You now seem to be argueing counter to this, at lest in this instance. And for what its worth I certainly don't feel that anything in my adventure redefines the setting.

And my answer to what do we put in Daunton if we increase its size by a factor of ten is... We have valleys between mountains, vast swathes of untamed forest, a few isolated villages here and there, some monsterous tribes. We specifically don't go further than that in deinition so that if a DM wishes to set up and adventure where the PCs defend a small village he can simply define it and its foes without feeling he has to shoehorn them into a tiny space upon the Isle. If anything such an increase gives us far more freedom and modularity in my book.

I'd also ask would it really hurt to increase the Isles size? Would anyone be inconvenienced? They could well be, but I'm not sure how. I know that I feel stiemed by it being thirty miles across. If increasing it to 300 allows for a few extra villages and tribes will that really make a big difference. The judges will still be able to veto anything inappropriate, there will be no inland empires, nor even towns. I just cannot see a downside - which does not mean there isn't one its already been amply established that wisdom is my dump stat :eek:.

I appreciate all you have done for the project Graf, but I don't think a simply question - albeit accompanied by a suggestion - deserved such a response. You catch more flies with honey. True you also kill more with an electric bug zapper, but thats, probably, besides the point.

elecgraystone

First Post
Maybe we could get one separate OCC thread put up JUST for games being played? That way it wouldn't clutter up the games thread itself. Just a thought.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Maybe we could get one separate OCC thread put up JUST for games being played? That way it wouldn't clutter up the games thread itself. Just a thought.
If its one OOC thread, than that's same problem, different thread. Two threads (in IC, one OCC) could work.

garyh

First Post
There's a warlock, which might have generated the arcane activity you're thinking of.

Halford, can you update "Heroes!" section of your first post in your adventure with the PC and player names and links to the characters' wiki pages? Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases