New Discussion Thread

Graf

Explorer
Thanks Graf that answers a lot of my questions and concerns. I think the easiest solution for me rather than the Isle is to assume that thirty is a rough number and that the terrain is rough. I might also assume that the area the Eladrin are in has been temporarily attatched to Daunton from the Feywild.

For my part sorry for being a lazy peruser!
The wiki's bad, really. I should have thought things through before posting like I did.
Sorry to have come of like a raging psychotic.

I've edited the wiki (setting page) to hopefully make it clearer.
main wiki said:
The island itself is a bit more than thirty miles long* on the N/S axis, featuring a deeply forested interior and shear cliffs around all sides. The cliffs recede to sea level only at one point, the large double bay around which the city of Daunton is built.
*With the linkages to the feywild apparently reopening the interior of Daunton has become increasingly difficult to map; the effects are sporadic now but there are persistent rumors the interior of the island is warping -- new (or at least not seen since the days of Arga the Black) valleys, rivers and other features have been reported -- in some cases causing trips to the interior that would take only a few hours to take days or more.

And added a new geography section on the daunton page
Geography said:
The island itself is a bit more than thirty miles long on the N/S axis, featuring a deeply forested interior and shear cliffs around all sides. The cliffs recede to sea level only at one point, the large double bay around which the city of Daunton is built.

At least the isle is 30 miles long if you sail around it. With the linkages to the feywild apparently reopening the interior of Daunton has become increasingly difficult to map. The effects are sporadic now but there are persistent rumors the interior of the island is growing in size. In some cases causing trips to the interior that would take only a few hours to take days or more.

New valleys, rivers, mountains and other features have been reported; some of them closely matching geographical features not seen since the days of Arga the Black.

This effect has led credence to the theory circulating in arcane circles that Arga's rituals were never permanent and the death of her student Esthanapiros has some how allowed the feywild to slip into sync with Daunton's interior again. Prognosticators warn darkly of the not so distant past, when Daunton's interior was so heavily warped by the feywild as to have been massive, and hordes of viscous humanoids from the savage lands poured through the feywild to assail Daunton in unending waves.

I hope that works for you, but if not lets work together until we can iterate to a point that does. :)

Halford

First Post
While I do not feel those changes are needed given recent illuminations. I would LOVE that to be the text. It sinks up so well with where I had eventually planned on taking the Ebon Mirror game - though I am trying to keep only a vague idea ofwhat I want to happen so I can let the PCs define things.:D

Graf

Explorer
A question. It's been some time since a subforum in the Living Worlds forum was asked for in the meta forum, but there was no reply.
I honestly thought it would have been no issue seeing the success the initiative is having, plus a living world for 4th edition didn't certainly come as a surprise.
Does anybody know what's up regarding the matter or the reason why there was no response?
Just to square the circle....
I've never posted to meta and not gotten a response within ~6 hours. (with the exception of a truly bad idea that was best ignored)

If the moderators haven't seen the request I'll go out and buy a hat and eat it.

So they're waiting. I'm not brownnosing but the mods here are generally fantastic people who're really keen to make EnWorld a great place.

So something is up.
Maybe they want to see if we get a lot of games going, maybe there is some sort of technical issue with adding more forums right now or with swapping the forum (which started as a "group forum" and may very well be sitting someplace weird on the server) or it could just be a policy issue*.

*I know I've seen recent requests to have new hosted forums be rejected because (I think) they just don't want any more forums.

Honestly? We'd like to move because of the increased visibility (IMO).

Right now? The judges are near maximum capacity. We've got a back up of characters to approve, we've got multiple adventures coming on line in the next day or two (which means checking and discussion).

I'm inclined to suggest letting it sit. If we get more people and more attention the most likely result is more applications, and that means people will probably wind up waiting even longer...

Graf

Explorer
While I do not feel those changes are needed given recent illuminations. I would LOVE that to be the text. It sinks up so well with where I had eventually planned on taking the Ebon Mirror game - though I am trying to keep only a vague idea ofwhat I want to happen so I can let the PCs define things.:D
:) Fantastic! :)

Halford

First Post
As far as Approvals go I will try to get through a batch starting tomorrow, I have immigration issues currently - which should be resolved by then, fingers crossed!

garyh

First Post
I'd been thinking about a thread that tracked the same thing. Having people do it on their sheets would probably be a lot easier.

I was thinking that this format might be clearer. (It's easy to see what you got in each adventure)

(sorry for monkeying around with your sheet... You'd be right to be a bit :erm: )
To reverse it go to here, scroll down and hit save.
It'll nuke my change and put your sheet back to the way it was before I touched it.

I like that version a lot. Much easier to see what happens in each adventure that way. And no worries about tweaking the sheet, as you say, the wiki can always be reverted. And I posted that here to get ideas and feedback after all.

Just to square the circle....
I've never posted to meta and not gotten a response within ~6 hours. (with the exception of a truly bad idea that was best ignored)

If the moderators haven't seen the request I'll go out and buy a hat and eat it.

So they're waiting. I'm not brownnosing but the mods here are generally fantastic people who're really keen to make EnWorld a great place.

So something is up.
Maybe they want to see if we get a lot of games going, maybe there is some sort of technical issue with adding more forums right now or with swapping the forum (which started as a "group forum" and may very well be sitting someplace weird on the server) or it could just be a policy issue*.

*I know I've seen recent requests to have new hosted forums be rejected because (I think) they just don't want any more forums.

Honestly? We'd like to move because of the increased visibility (IMO).

Right now? The judges are near maximum capacity. We've got a back up of characters to approve, we've got multiple adventures coming on line in the next day or two (which means checking and discussion).

I'm inclined to suggest letting it sit. If we get more people and more attention the most likely result is more applications, and that means people will probably wind up waiting even longer...

I bet you're right on the "wait and see." You're probably right about capacity, too. So let's hold off a bit before making another push for a full forum.

Atanatotatos

First Post
A question: How do we manage out-of-adventure equipment? If I'm back to the tavern and got a good pile of gold pieces to spend and want a new weapon, what should I do? Just chane the sheet or note it somewhere in the forum? mail the judges? I know it's still early but... you know...

garyh

First Post
A question: How do we manage out-of-adventure equipment? If I'm back to the tavern and got a good pile of gold pieces to spend and want a new weapon, what should I do? Just chane the sheet or note it somewhere in the forum? mail the judges? I know it's still early but... you know...

I'd say maybe posting in the tavern "I'm going to the weaponsmith's to buy a new sword" with an OOC block indicating the full info on the equipment purchased, then link to that post in your wiki character sheet.

We've talked about economics...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/239383-economics-balance-magic-items.html

...and item tracking (no action on this yet)...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/238998-forked-thread-item-judge.html

...but I don't think we've explicitely said "You can purchase anything you can afford between adventures." I'm fine with that, though, personally. I just had Hrav buy a healing potion myself.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I'd say maybe posting in the tavern "I'm going to the weaponsmith's to buy a new sword" with an OOC block indicating the full info on the equipment purchased, then link to that post in your wiki character sheet.

We've talked about economics...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/239383-economics-balance-magic-items.html

...and item tracking (no action on this yet)...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/238998-forked-thread-item-judge.html

...but I don't think we've explicitely said "You can purchase anything you can afford between adventures." I'm fine with that, though, personally. I just had Hrav buy a healing potion myself.

That has to be allowed. Otherwise, if one's character keeps adventuring in the wilderness or his dms for some reason don't implement shops of some sort, he might as well melt his gold and make a statue of it....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases