Stalker0's Obsidian Skill Challenge System (NEW VERSION: 1.2!!!)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
New version looks good.

Only used Obsidian for one skill challenge, but it was a big success.

You can read exactly how it went here.

Harr

First Post
I just tried it again myself and I'm not seeing any problems. What version of Acrobat are you using?

When I wrote that post I was using Adobe Reader 7.5, since then I have updated to the latest on the Adobe website which is Adobe Reader 9.0.0, and I still get the exact same error.

The error is "Adobe could not open (filename) because it is either not a supported file type or because it has been damaged (for example, if it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

Strange, since looking around at the thread it seems everybody can read it but me :(

EDIT -> Ok, never mind, I took the reader through the whole "online updater" thing and now it works. Yay. Good thing too because I did not want to go without this particular bit of house ruling ;) Thanks!

Last edited:

Harr

First Post
Quick question, didn't see it addressed in the FAQ: If I want to do away with the whole "Primary" skill thing... that is, I want the players to be rolling all their skills as they are, without any +2 encouragement to choose a particular one... should I change the DCs at all? Maybe substract 1 from the DC, or substract 2? Or just leave it alone?

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Quick question, didn't see it addressed in the FAQ: If I want to do away with the whole "Primary" skill thing... that is, I want the players to be rolling all their skills as they are, without any +2 encouragement to choose a particular one... should I change the DCs at all? Maybe substract 1 from the DC, or substract 2? Or just leave it alone?
The system is pliable enough to swallow up a few +2 or -2 modifiers being thrown around above or below the curve. Simply be generous with a +2 for appropriate, heroic, or well-described actions, and don't sweat the details or overworry.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
I have a minor issue with the naming of some things - the math behind everything is great, but I don't see what's "Bold" about spending an action point to get a re-do on something you failed at. I'd call it Heroic Recovery or Impossible Comeback, or maybe something more actiony, like Bounce Back, Action Rebound or "Rally!".

"Unburdened" could maybe use a name that more descriptively evokes the image of a character exerting himself to power through his movements so that the platemail he's lugging around is no more restrictive than spandex. Or, maybe, an italicized description of such actions could be put after each Player Option, much like powers' flavor texts.

Stalker0

Legend

If you don't like primary skills at all, you may consider downgrading the DC by 1, I wouldn't go with 2 though.

Stalker0

Legend
I have a minor issue with the naming of some things - the math behind everything is great, but I don't see what's "Bold" about spending an action point to get a re-do on something you failed at. I'd call it Heroic Recovery or Impossible Comeback, or maybe something more actiony, like Bounce Back, Action Rebound or "Rally!".

"Unburdened" could maybe use a name that more descriptively evokes the image of a character exerting himself to power through his movements so that the platemail he's lugging around is no more restrictive than spandex. Or, maybe, an italicized description of such actions could be put after each Player Option, much like powers' flavor texts.

Any suggestions?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases