GKs' geography thread OF DOOM

The Goblin King

First Post
Work on the maps continues sporadically. None of them are what I would consider finished. In the interests of transparency I'll upload my newest source files here.

I am also taking requests. I am not happy with the way some of the maps turned out (such as 13). Rather then fiddle with them forever I decided to just upload what I had. I am not married to any of the ideas so I don't mind changing them.

Attachments

• zheen maps 1-9.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 127
  • zheen maps 10-18.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 113

The Goblin King

First Post
copy/paste of guide from other thread:

I got the idea from Worldbuilding Resources: Hex Map GIMP Brushes » Inkwell Ideas

I am still learning the GIMP so my method may not be the best way to do things.

First, download and install the GIMP. Its a free open source image manipulation program.
GIMP - Windows installers

Next, install the hex brushes. They are in a zip file attached. They should go in
\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\brushes

Go File -> Open to open up a map. I've included some attached.

One important thing to remember is always be aware of what layer you are working on. Push Ctrl-L to bring up the Layer dialog and click on the Terrain layer if its not already selected.

Now you want to make sure the grid is set. Click Image -> Configure Grid and make sure it is set to Width 34, Height 19. If not click the chain under the boxes and change the settings. Click Okay then click View -> Snap To Grid

click the pencil tool and click the black dot below it to select the brush you want. start painting!

when done go:
File -> Save As
change file extension to .png
select Merge Visible Layers
click Export
click save

Attachments

• brushes.rar
    24.5 KB · Views: 137

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads