Question about Gremlins

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
when did Gremlins and Fremlins make their first appearance? i know they were in the Greyhawk Monstrous Compendium MC5, but i find it hard to beleive that that was the first time they were featured.

rackabello

First Post
Gremlins first appeared after Zach spilled water on his Mogwai, right?

Okay, okay, I'm not sure when their first D&D appearance was. But I'd sure like to see others of their ilk converted. I found the Snyad in the Creature Catalog, but where are the Jermlaines and the Mites? Bring on the pesky pesties!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
:)

i just posted the gremlins and fremlins (which is why i'm asking) as well as the galltrit, to the creature catalog. the jermlaine is supposed to be in the new MM2. the mite and snyad are both scheduled to be in the ToH. all covered? :)

rackabello

First Post
"Steady with nets, boys...We charge when we can see the whites of their ankles!"

Anklebiters and purselifters of the world, unite and take over!

the Jester

Legend
Hmmm... well, galltrits were in the 1e Fiend Folio, I believe...

(flip, flip)

Yep. As for fremlins and gremlins- hm, I think they were in 1e somewhere but darned if I know exactly where.

Hopping Vampire

First Post
gremlins originally appeared in the original dnd. they had a random chance of making one of your items randomly malfunction (axe head popping off, belt unbuckling etc etc)

Kai Lord

Hero
Are you talking about a date for their first D&D appearance or their first appearance ever? Castle Amber was released in 1981.

A gremlin also appeared in the 1960's episode of Bugs Bunny "Falling Hare." Before that they originated in stories of being stow-aways on WWII Bombers.

Last edited:

Remove ads