The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander turns again in the direction of the last two skeletons, and charges the one in melee with Hrav and Girth.
Damn sacks of bones! You're making me run across the whole ship again and again! he shouts, as he drives his sword through the undead's skull.

[sblock=action]move one and charge S1 from G12; critical for 12 dmg. S1 is marked[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Brudd moves around to the skeleton's rear (D13), and then charges at the reature (to F11), but his blade swings wide. Surprised the Minotaur stares at the sword in puzzlement for a split second before shooting a dark look skyward.

[sblock=Brudd's 2nd Miss]1d20+8=10, 1d12+5=15 [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Seeing the nearby skeleton under control, Quagmire looks around. He spots one of the main stay lines nearby, a long, thick rope angling from a nearby brace to the top of the mast. He grasps it firmly with his shield hand and cuts it, swinging out over the water with a fierce cry. His arc takes him all the way around the fight at the middle of the ship and back towards the other end, where the blazing skeleton stands alone. He lands on the raised deck, stumbling slightly, but with sword ready.

[sblock=actions]Mechanically this is just a double run plus an action point for a third move to get to G2, but it sounds much cooler this way. I hope that's okay with you, Phoenix. [/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire stat block]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:13, Will:14 -- Speed:5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +6, and grants nearby allies +2 to initiative
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Wolf Pack Tactics, Viper's Strike, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Wordx2, Hobgoblin Resilience, Bastion of Defense
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Damn you guys are quick! Making me feel guilty now!:blush:
OOC2: Digger, it was immobilized till the end of Girth's turn, but that does not stop it from attacking. It just stops it from moving from it's current space voluntarily (PHB 277).
OOC3: Covaithe, not only are such actions okay with me, they are encouraged (and eventually rewarded)! If you can do it mechanically, then spice the fluff up however you like. Heck, I may even let something work that doesn't quite make it mechanically (if a skill check misses by 1 or 2 for instance) if the flavor text is spectacular!

-Hrav stabs his rapier through the skeleton's skull, damaging it further.
-Girth unleashes dark tentacles of anti-life upon the blazing skeleton, but it seems to ignore most of the harm they should have done. He does feel his own wounds heal slightly though (regained 5 hps)
-Alexander (Arden???) charges forward between Hrav and Girth to smash the skeleton hard. Many of it's bones break, but it doesn't fall apart quite yet.
-Brudd moves and charges forward, but his blade misses the mark, just failing to drop this undead abomination to his god.
-Quagmire pulls off an amazing swing around the battle in the middle of the ship to land next to the blazing skeleton! He readies himself to attack as soon as he is back on his feet steadily, but notices how hot the skeleton itself is up close like this and feels his hairs starting to singe on the side facing the creature...(will take 5 fire damage at the start of Quagmire's next turn for being in the skeleton's fiery aura)

-The embattled skeleton slices its blade at Alexander and hits the fighter for 7 damage.
-The blazing skeleton swipes a fiery claw at Quagmire, but can't connect with the daring Hobgoblin. It also shakes off Girth's previous attack, regaining its full mental strength. (Made save to remove -2 to Will Def)

-Once more: Hrav, Girth, Alexander, Brudd, and Quagmire...
[sblock=Inits & Status]
18-Brudd 23/28 HP
17-Quagmire
17-S1 41 damage(bloodied)
17-S2 dead
13-D1 dead
13-D2 dead
13-D3 dead
13-D4 dead
13-D5 dead
13-D6 dead
13-D7 dead
13-D8 dead
10-Blazing Skeleton 27 damage(bloodied)
09-Hrav 24/26 HP
08-Girth 20/30 HP
05-Alexander 28/35 HP

Skeleton 1 attacks Alexander (1d20+10=25, 1d8+2=7)
Blazing skeleton Blazing Claw at Quagmire's AC (1d20 8=14, 1d4 1=4)
Save to remove -2 Will Def penalty (1d20=17)[/sblock]
37542d1227014381-captains-caper-dunamin-judging-cc-e6-skull-bones7.jpg

garyh

First Post
Once more, Hrav drives his rapier at the skeleton.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Piercing Strike versus S1 with rapier.

Piercing Strike (1d20+7=18, 1d10+4=7)

Hits Reflex 18 for 7 damage.

Move action - If Skeleton is killed, Hrav will move to G6.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:24/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:4/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Seeing the skeleton crumble to dust before his eyes, Alexander grins, and moves in the direction of the stairs, stepping on the broken skull, and calling at the last skeleton, in a gruesome voice: What are you gonna dooo noowww little candle?
He reaches the undead carefully from sideways, then charges, ignoring the burning aura that surrounds it.
He hacks at the undead, and embers fly with bone shards from it.
Not content with it, Alexander roars and slashes again at the blazing undead, hitting again. He does little damage to the Skeleton, but his comrade can exploit the opening he creates.

[sblock=action]move and charge from E2, critical for 12 dmg heh, another wasted critical... (note:there's a roll before this, but it was a mistake and I disregarded it because obviously I could only use a basic attack at the end of a charge). Action point:Covering attack 27 vs AC, 6 crappy dmgsigh...Quagmire can shift 2 squares[/sblock]

ooc:Quagmire can shift two squares so he won't be damaged by the fire aura at the start of his turn. I had a doubt that I had already used my AP but that is not the case, is it phoenix?

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:19 For:17 Ref:14 Will:13
HP:35/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:8/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:0 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+4
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Brudd moves forward (to D7) and points at the blazing skeleton,

"See how you like my god's flame! Hadeys burn this bag 'o bones!" But to the Minotaurs's evident consternation, the dark flames roar wide failing to strike the skeleton.

Brudd looks to the sky, "I bet a certain sea god would 'ave 'it that. Come on boss' give yer old pal Brudd a hand 'ere!"

OOC: Missed and used Divine Favor.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire uses the distraction provided by Alex to back a few steps away from the burning skeleton. Then he crouches behind his shield and charges with a roar, shoving the skeleton to the edge of the boat. "Push 'im in the drink, Alex!"

[sblock=actions]Shift 2 away on Alex's turn. On Quagmire's turn, charge and bull rush to push the skeleton to E1. Quagmire moves into F2. Bull rush attack is 16 vs. Fort, which doesn't include the +1 from charging, 'cause I forgot. On the other hand, it may not be possible to charge in that small area, I don't know. [/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
As Girth watched the others crowd around the burning skeleton he considered his options. There was little likelihood that any action of his would make a meaningful contribution but then again...

He suddenly points out at the last undead and unleashes a burst of madly giggling laughter. The deathly sound is impressive but the result less so as the force fizzles out before reaching the enemy.

[sblock=OOC] Eldritch Blast vs AC = 12: Roll Lookup [/sblock]

With a wry smile he looked skyward "It was worth a try, my lady. They are, I believe, deserving of your powers." He shrugged "Perhaps next time.

Moving forward he called out to the others. "Afraid I am that my Lady has her powers withdrawn from me. Hope I that this is only temporary. And so I come. Help I will."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases