The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
This is the thread for the (mostly) monster crew pirate adventure! I'll reserve DarkRed for Captain Azrael to use. Please put a link to your character in your first post. You might also think about making an sblock with your character's basic info in it like [sblock=this]Kama'zer Anma'giduu- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: +9, Passive Insight: +9
AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Viper's Strike, Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord's Favor, Inspiring Word, Telekinetic Leap
Lead the Attack[/sblock] to use during the fights. I just made it in notepad and saved it on my PC to use whenever needed and then post it each round. Then after using some of the encounter or daily powers you can modify it to [sblock=this]Kama'zer Anma'giduu- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: +9, Passive Insight: +9
AC:17, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:6
Powers-Viper's Strike, Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord's Favor, Inspiring Word, Telekinetic Leap
Lead the Attack[/sblock] with the [ s ] and [ /s ] tags.

To make starting combats quicker, I'll roll initiative for everybody myself.

The motley crew:
Brudd Brassback
Hrav Kortaga
Girth Snowbird
Quagmire
Alexander Duran

Attachments

• CC E6 Skull and Bones7.JPG
    CC E6 Skull and Bones7.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
Aye! Aye! Cap'n. Does ya mean like this? (PS can I be yellow?)

[sblock=Info]
Girth Snowbird- male half elf Warlock (Star Pact) 1
Passive Perception: +10, Passive Insight: +17
AC:14, Fort:14, Reflex:13, Will:14 - Speed:6
HP:30/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative +5: Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:-Eldritch Blast: Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace: Scorching Burst
Dread Star[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"Here be the job. I've had some cargo of mine taken. And me ship is crawlin' with ruffians who work for the one that took my cargo. I need your muscle to take out these ruffians and help with any other fights we come across while gettin' back me cargo so I can deliver it and make a fortune which I'll split with you all and da' crew. Ya don't have to worry 'bout sailing the ship, I got a regular crew for that, but ya might lend a hand here and there and learn a thing or two." Azrael says while leaning forward on his elbows and looking from person to person. He dumps out the jingling belt pouch which he was tossing earlier and the table is covered in gold pieces. "I thought I might find more people ta help, so I could only offer 40 each. But since there's only five of ya, you can each have 50 gold now if you're in. Do with it what ya will and then meet me at dock six in one hour. We'll take back my ship back and get my cargo, then deliver it and make a fortune!"

"I look forward to the work," Hrav tells the captain. Turning to his companions, Hrav says "I'm going to head over to the apothecary and pick up a healing potion with this coin. I'll meet you at the dock in an hour."

[sblock=OOC]Hrav does indeed purchase a Potion of Healing. Yeah, we have a warlord and a cleric, but it can't hurt.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:19 For:17 Ref:14 Will:13
HP:35/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:11/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike

is this ok?[/sblock]

Glad to be working with you, capt'n! Says Alexander, and turns to offer a wide smile to his comrades. Ready to start anytime

[sblock]Alexander hides his 50gps in a small pouch in the deepest of his adventurer bag[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[sblock=Brudd in Brief]Brudd Brassback- Male Minotaur Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 18
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative: -1 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Righteous Brand, Sacred Flame
Cause Fear, Goring Charge, Divine Fortune, Turn Undead, Healing Word
Avenging Flame[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Brudd also hides his loot![/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"Work, hell. I look forward to the treasure!" Quagmire quips. "I wonder what kind o' cargo he wants us to fetch back for him. I bet it's something he'd be just as happy not to have us tell anyone about," he speculates, bouncing the heavy purse up and down in his hand. He makes the purse disappear, and saunters off towards the dock, whistling tunelessly.

ooc: If you're going to be rolling initiative for us, may I remind you that Quagmire grants nearby allies +2 to initiative.

[sblock=Quagmire stat block]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:13, Will:14 -- Speed:5
Initiative +6, and grants nearby allies +2 to initiative
Powers: Wolf Pack Tactics, Viper's Strike, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Wordx2, Hobgoblin Resilience, Bastion of Defense

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
The newly hired crew leaves the Hanged Man Inn and goes their own way before meeting back up at the docks where Captain Azrael greets them all. "Har, time ta earn that pay, boys. There be my ship, the Bloody Wake." He says while pointing out a ship tied up to a nearby dock. "Ye can see the ruffians be loading and unloading some other cargo on the dock. Ye'll need ta take 'em down and anybody else aboard so we can take the ship back. I'm gonna go round up the rest'a the sailing crew and get'em back here on the double so we can shove off soon. They're nearby, so we'll be back right quick." With that, Azrael takes off to do as he said.

The group sees that the dock is about fifteen feet wide and seventy feet long. Four ruffians are plainly visible on the dock moving the crates and boxes around. Everyone but Brudd manages to notice the two men on the deck of the ship supervising the ruffians. At the far end of the dock is a boarding ramp leading up from the dock to the ship. Brudd is up first...
[sblock=Initiative Order]16 - Brudd
15 - Human Bandit
15 - Human Guard
12 - Alexander
10 - Girth
08 - Hrav
07 - Quagmire
07 - Human Ruffians

Initiatives for Girth, Hrav, Quagmire, Alexander, and Brudd (with +2 from Warlord added in) (1d20+7=10, 1d20+6=8, 1d20+6=7, 1d20+3=12, 1d20+1=16)[/sblock]

Attachments

• CC E1 Fight on the docks.JPG
    CC E1 Fight on the docks.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
Girth gathers up his spear "If we have duty to go to I myself must equip. To merchant I go and will arrive at dock 6 in fullness of time."

He heads for the door singing quietly, partly in a strange tongue. "The sea, oh the sea, is the gradh geal mo croide..." as he leaves, the door swings shut behind him cutting off the rest of the words.

[sblock=OOC]He also will buy a Healing Potion. And since I did not describe him as having any other possessions when he arrived, he will now buy his adventurer's kit from his starting cash - leaving him c 50GP which he will secrete in his loincloth!)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases