Fall dance/event

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
I'll gladly start a poll but I think I'll give this a few more days to see if any other ideas come in to vote on first. I'm even going got go back and look at old threads to check out unused ideas that are still good ones.

Imreis

First Post
What about a Monster-ade? A dress up party but everyone wheres masks and outfits more orentied to monsters. Vampires, Zombies, Werewolves, Ghosts and things of that matter. There could be contests for the most scary looking costume and the most cute looking costume.

My second idea is to have a Samhain festival. (Information below is from Wiki)

Halloween has its origins in the ancient Celtic festival known as Samhain (Irish pronunciation: [ˈsˠaunʲ]; from the Old Irish samain). The festival of Samhain is a celebration of the end of the harvest season in Gaelic culture, and is sometimes regarded as the "Celtic New Year". Traditionally, the festival was a time used by the ancient pagans to take stock of supplies and slaughter livestock for winter stores. The ancient Gaels believed that on October 31, now known as Halloween, the boundary between the alive and the deceased dissolved, and the dead become dangerous for the living by causing problems such as sickness or damaged crops. The festivals would frequently involve bonfires, where the bones of slaughtered livestock were thrown. Costumes and masks were also worn at the festivals in an attempt to mimic the evil spirits or placate them.

What we could do with this one would more be the little fires for putting in treats to ward off spirits, and the masks and costumes to keep the spirits at bay. Anyone who wants to elaborate on this one feel free! lol i dont expect anyone to want to throw little lambs into the fire or anything like that. I just posted up a basic of what the history of the holiday was ment for.

Sound intersting to anyone?

Last edited:

Ruthia

First Post
You know, most any of these ideas can by adapted to ANY setting as needed.

So um, a suggestion?

Why not start a setting poll once a theme is picked? That way everyone has a say in it.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
I love the Venetian Masquerade Ball idea! Just 'cause I love the extravagence of it. :) And it reminds me of the ball room scene in _Labyrinth_.
And the Samhain idea is good too - though, the little fires would need to be adjusted to whatever setting. Such as - maybe little bits of incense to drop into oil over tea-lights in the TMP setting. It would have to be very controlled for fire code.

Of course, as mentioned, the ideas so far can be used in any setting, so, whatever tweeking necessary would be decided after the location.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
The Venetian Masquerade idea was inspired by the Labyrinth's Masquerade scene. I just couldn't find a picture small enough. But a lot of the dancers had demonish, monster-like masks on.

I think that idea would be good for the fantasy settings.

For the modern I would say that your standard club-like Halloween costume party would work just fine.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
But, I like the masquerade idea for modern too!

I was also thinking, for modern, of a celebrity party - the participants dress up as someone famous. Even a character from a tv show or movie (or even anime!) rather than as the celebrity themselves.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
But, I like the masquerade idea for modern too!

I was also thinking, for modern, of a celebrity party - the participants dress up as someone famous. Even a character from a tv show or movie (or even anime!) rather than as the celebrity themselves.

That is a really cute idea. It's got my vote.

The Samhain idea reminds me of Cinco de Mayo. :D

If we did the monster idea, I can't remember who said it, but if we did that in a fantasy setting wouldn't it be a little ah....racist??

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Oh, I don't know. I have a character of a monster race, of sorts, and she'd love a blood themed party. :D

But, she attended the last event in which I participated. So, I doubt I'd bring her in, even if there was a monster/blood themed party. I try to bring different characters in.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases