LostSoul

Adventurer
Consider:

-High attack bonus
-Good hit points
-Excellent at stealth
-Favoured enemy bonus
-Track & TWF feats

I think these abilities make the Ranger a great thug/bandit. Even in the urban environment. If you want a Bounty Hunter, who could be better than an Evil Ranger with Human (or demi-human) as his Favoured Enemy? If you want a brawler (and Monks don't fit your campaign setting), try using a Ranger with Improved Unarmed Fighting. Consider using the Wilderness Lore skill in the "urban jungle".

A different take on an old favourite. Comments?

James McMurray

First Post
Tiefling: to choose your own race as a favored enemy, you have to be evil. Other than that there's no reason the thug would have to be evil.

And, no, I'm not.

Squire James

First Post
The other cheap way of choosing your urban enemies well is to play an Elf (or any other non-human, but I guess Elves have that baad reputation as human-killers for some reason)... no problems choosing Human as your favored enemy then! I'm not sure it's worth giving up the skill points and feat, though.

Tiefling

First Post
James McMurray said:
Tiefling: to choose your own race as a favored enemy, you have to be evil. Other than that there's no reason the thug would have to be evil.

And, no, I'm not.

Ah yes, silly me. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
James McMurray said:
(T)o choose your own race as a favored enemy, you have to be evil.

I respectfully disagree. In essense, when you choose a favored enemy you are merely using them as the focus for your tactics and strategies. You could be evil, focusing that training on the good people of your own race, or good, with the opposite intent. Knowing something is far different than putting it into practice and how you put it into practice determines your alignment, not the knowledge itself.

Two cents only... :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases