Death of the Dragons

hellrazor111

First Post
You all have managed to end up in the western part of the world, past McNeil's Village. As you attempt to travel east you are stopped before Mt, Zublo. The road has been closed because there have been many Were-Tiger attacks recently, until the culprit is found, no one is allowed to travel past this area to prevent access to Wyndia.

You are told you can go to McNeil's Village to wait for the Were-Tiger to be caught. Before you reach the city you go through acres of farmland, people are busy working in the fields or with the animals.

The village itself is fairly small, only 8 houses, 2 shops and an Inn.

(ooc: sorry for a weak backstory, but due to diversity of the characters its a little hard to create reasons for everyone to be in the same place at the same time)

(ooc: you all can put yourself anywhere between the road block and inside the Village)

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Adjusting his guise the ancient Elf appears to be nothing but another traveling merchant of modest means. Of course given certain facts about himself it should be obvious that he is not a Weretiger; and being in possession of the Phantom Steed spell as well as dweomers that allow him to fly - not to mention the powers of his fromidable intellect - he has little worry that such a beast could catch him. Nevertheless, he has never been accused of acting rashly, and a group of companions would reduce his risks substantially.

Perhaps there is a reward for the beasts capture, and he is always in need of funds to continue his research.

Turning to his fellows the merchant announces,

"Well I am headed for the Inn, if anyone is interested in trying to catch this beast please speak with me - I may be of some assistance. Who knows perhaps there is a reward?"

Vertexx69

First Post
Grabhar kareens maniaclly through the gloomy Cedar woods, the strong smell of blood spurning him after the wounded buck he has been tracking for miles. His wings beating furiously, the trees begin to thin as as he approaches a clearing and sails upward above the canopy to prepare for the final diving strike and dinner. The buck is breathlessly charging headlong toward the opening at the edge of the opening when Grabhar sees a flash of yellow and a spray of blood shower the edge of the clearing. Grabhar's left eye twitches. The echo of the deer's scream is still echoing through the suddenly silent woods as he glides down to see if the beast left him anything at all.

The enraged spearsage doesn't even change into his disguise from his forest greens barely folding up his wings, he is so disgusted at the situation, as he pushes open the doors to the inn and stalks in with his crysm tipped spear in one hand and a bloody broken antler in the other. "How is a man supposed to feed himself with all these pesky were-beasts galavanting around the woods? Just look at this!" He slams the antler down on the bar, actually sticking it into the wood. "All thats left of the 12 pointer I had been tracking all day, and now what is it? A toothpick for a man with an empty stomach. Give me an ale and a haunch of whatevers turning on the spit back there barkeep." He tosses a couple grimey sivler coins on the bar and broods until his drink arrives. Fuming as he looks at the freshly broken horn...

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Haereka lies in wait, merged into the inn's bar. Soon the others would arrive and the dance woudl begin. The dance of powers, the dance of intrigue her lord had shown her in a vision of glory and death. There would be no mistaking the others when they arrived. She did not know who they were, or what exactly they would look like. But they would be distinctive, and possess powers that could be wielded to brign about the great lord's goals to fruition.

With silent thought-speach, uunoticed by anyone else in the room, Haereka replies to Grabhar. No reason to fret. Earlier was the strangest of flukes. With your hunting skills, it is a certainty that there will be no lack of fresh kill in the days to come. Ah, and I believe our new friends are about to arrive ...

Halford

First Post
A nondescript merchant enters the Inn, he scans the clientele before moving over to the bar where he orders the house red. Taking a seat at the bar he turns towards the room taking small measured sips.

As Grabhar slams the stump of antler down at the bar he listens with interest continueing to sup.

"Interested in ending these were-beasts master hunter?" He asks enquiringly. "I have some minor magical talent and would be interested in joining forces with someone who can provide the brawn. We might also consider seeking out some other skilled personages to augment our abilities."

Vertexx69

First Post
The large hunter drains his stein without acknowledging the tiny merchant. He clatters down the empty tankard a bit hard, and after a moment looks down directly into the trader's eyes. "You think you're ready to race through the trees hunting those hulking beasts then do you? Lets speak a little over at the bench there." Grabhar wrenches the antler free of the bar, and taking his longspear from its perch against the bar turns toward the table.

The wide crytsm spear head seems to fold in on itself until it is nothing more than a slender shard no wider than the haft of the weapon, then changes to a dull silver sheen while the haft colapses in on itself down to standard spear length and then again to short spear, which he spins around and sheaths in a wide leather loop protruding from between his shoulder blades. He sets down heavily on the benched table and shoots the serving girl a knowing smirk. He draws a large kukri and starts to wittle the oozing antler as he waits for his food to be brought to the table, leaning back lightly against the wall.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius Goldleaf

Marius wondered around without immediate purpose after his last visit to the temple. Eventualy, he ended drifting to the south seeking new knowledge, new techniques or enlightement. He praticed diligently and every he would seek an Inn with visiting bards so he can hear more stories.

Working his way further south he was confronted with patrol shunting him to McNeil's Village. He went there without argument, news about exotic were-beast sparking his interest. Meditating for short while, drawing runes on the ground he went in the village with spring in his step.

Entering the Inn he scanned the crowd and sat at some quiet table ordering scrambled eggs and good wine.

He noted interest of several patrons and waited to see how things progress judging the characters for their combat prowess, physical or otherwise.

Halford

First Post
The merchant sits down and downs the last of his wine, smiling his eyes glow green and as he touches the rim of his glass it refills.

"So gentlemen, I propose we begin by giving each other a small accounting of our abilities, is this acceptable? I shall begin, I am a divine spell caster, skilled with unleashing energies to sear foes and in the healing arts, though I find them somewaht tedious."

[sblock=Free Refills]He is using Minor Creation with the residue of wine in the glass as a component to recreate the wine. Since minor creation can create dead vegetable matter he simply creates wine which has already fermented though the yeast, etc., is now dead - quite appropriate for a Necropolitan![/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius Goldleaf

Good day, gentleman. May I join you? I'm also interested in finding this menace. I apologize I couldn't but overhear your conversation, so as introduction, I'll offer my abilities.

Before you stands lean man with strange golden yellow eyes. He stands perfectly still, only his eyes and mouth moving. Most of his body is hidden by voluminous cloak of some kind of silk. Cloak is seemless just one big sheet of gray fabric. The cloak is held in place by golden clasp made in likeness of dragon. Long blond hair is pulled from his face and made into top-knot. Above the cloak part of elaborate tatoo can be seen reaching up the side of his neck.

My name is Marius Goldleaf. I am student of The Way of the Dragon from Dragon Temple north of here. I'm interested in finding as much as I can about this were-creature and removal or capture as neccessary.

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
"Ah, splendid, well do pull up a seat dear fellow." The merchant says politely nodding a greeting to the newcomer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases