[Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation ignores the coin and has a look at the book to see if it contains anything worthwhile, being careful as he does so.

Erekose13

Explorer
Incarnation handles the tattered book with care. Flipping through it there are sporadic diary records from here an there over the last 10 years or so. In the last year the frequency of updates increased and their content became more interesting. Where the older pieces Incarnation slid past were largely about odd jobs Rosvodiz had or small protection and courier runs that he and his two companions had, on March 21st the diary turns to something closer to what Astrepius was talking about. Though it is odd to note that the last 5 entries do not have a year where previous ones do.

Rosvodiz's Journal said:
March 21
It wasn’t easy to find their trail under the sewers. No one really seems to have a clear direction, or a specific way of reaching the core. The most we managed to acquire in the way of information was a series of disjointed ravings from a handful we captured. They didn’t live long, but even so we gleaned precious little from their interrogations. We seem to finally have a lead though – and even though I’m not fond of confined spaces, the idea of at last reaching their cell is enough to make me eager to go. They should be under the dwarven glass blowing foundry through the cellar in the abandoned distillery next door. From what the captive said the sewers there are routed seperately from the rest because of the foundry.

April 13
Found them today, thanks to their stench. Who would've thought there would be anything beneath the sewers. The smell eminated from a grate beneath a really low crawl space down there. Few times have I smelled something so overpowering – a testament to the sheer amount of sacrifices I suppose. It wasn’t like we weren’t expecting some of what we saw but… the extent of it! I felt like scrubbing my skin raw after, just to get the smell out. Not that I could do the same to still the screams. I wish we’d arrived sooner.

May 2
The thing is cold. I was expecting something more… magnificent? They defended it with such ferocity I’d have expected a true treasure. Instead its just an odd, misshapen lump that looks to have been carved out haphazardly from some sort of metal, angles jutting awkwardly here and there. None of us could make out the runes, so we’ll have to find someone to translate them back in town. If we can pay anyone enough to touch the damn thing.

May 5
I’m alone now. It feels heavier than when I first held it - -and almost pleased. Not that it has a face, or a smile or… but it almost feels like something living and self- willed into existence and action. They’re all gone now – I buried Anders yesterday. Well, buried might be too generous a word. Piled up rocks to hide the remains of his carcass would probably be more apt. I’m too exhausted and on edge to care anymore – I just want out, back into daylight and fresh air. Away from here.

May 18
I still can’t sleep.
It starts like a crawling, something spiderwebbing down my skin - I wake up, always, as though creeping through the muck, ripping out of a womb.
I met Astrepius again, and he asked me about the thing. I should tell him more, but every time I start to its like I lose myself a little more.
Maybe I’ll feed it tomorrow, and let it end.

Meanwhile Rurdev has a look at the blade. The inscription on it says, "The Light of Knowledge" and further inscriptions cover some of Rosvodiz's earlier exploits recorded prior to his departure from the clan such as his first victory on the hunt, his wrestling contests, and the rescue of one of his elders during a raid by something called a Baku.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev

Rurdev holds the blade in the little bit of light shining in from the door. Smiling, sharp teeth showing he waves it about, sending a flickering about the room. The shifter listens intently to the warforged readings of the journal outloud. Finally when Incarnation is finished speaking, he asks, "W-W-What is a b-b-baku?"

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Arcana DC 22]The baku are strange creatures from the Shadowfell that are rumored to steal and collect dreams. They are vaguely elephantine though they stand upright on two legs.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Yes, I got a idea too. But say your opinion first." Riardon says, looking at the wizard, too.

[sblock=OOC]
Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

Assist: Arcana (1d20+10=17)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 16 Insight: 11 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 13
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Scorching Burst, Warlords Favor, Feystep
Daily Powers: Lead the Attack

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Even with assistance from Incarnation and Riardon, Dalzim doesn't know what the Baku are from the sword. He is keenly interested in the things mentioned in the book, however.

arcana (1d20 11=14)

ooc: I guess we'll proceed with just the three characters. I think its time to kick it up a notch.

Rurdev is the first to hear the sounds outside the hovel. At first it sounded like a few rocks falling on cobblestones, but his keen ears pick up footfalls outside. Just as he alerts the others three mooks charge in the front door, knocking the open door back on its hinges. Things are really crammed in the tight hovel.

ooc: roll initiative!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases