Dexter Season 3

Krug

Newshound
Great start to this season. Really good writing and enthralling supporting cast,
though I do miss Sgt Doakes bad-assery
. After a pretty intense first two seasons, they seem to have dialed the intensity back a bit, but it still flows, especially with the black comedy.

Immortalis

First Post
It was just the first episode, so I am not really sure they have dialed back the intensity so much as, you just aren't being hit over the head with it right off.

There were already a few intense moments in the show that threaten to blow up into very complex plotlines. That's not even including the issues with the sister and girlfriend.

All in all its an excellent beginning to the season and leaves me anticipating more.

Krug

Newshound
Agreed. Compared to Heroes, which was a lot of frantic running around desperately throwing out plot hooks, this was a series that just took it easy and yet had so much more going on in terms of character development and intrigue.

Immortalis

First Post
Well, I saw Heroes too and I liked it as well.

but Dexter is on a differen level then Heroes.

It's like the difference between a Summer-Action-Popcorn-Blockbuster vs The-Oscar-Contending-Drama.

You enjoy one with the usual glee of explosions, super-powers and over-the-top action. You enjoy the other for the psychological buffet it provides.

Felon

First Post
An engaging, sincere, intelligent show that never takes the easy way out. It's the anti-Chuck.

Maybe Jericho should've been on Showtime as well. It might've survived.

Krug

Newshound
Seriously the best hour on television. Yes it's all carefully calculated but after so much throwaway tv, this is a welcome change.

Last edited:

Sir Brennen

Legend
Great show. And the complications are starting to arise, as they always do. And I really like seeing Jimmy Smits back on television.

I love the voiceovers in the show as well. One of my favorites from the first season:

Deb: If dad taught us one thing, it's the value of human life.
Dexter: [voiceover] Yeah, but I think we had different homework assignments.

Krug

Newshound
Man... just wow.
Too bad the trailer for the next episode kinda deflated all the buzz the ending that ep 4 gave..

Asmo

First Post
Wow, Dexter is just getting better and better. Jimmy Smits is such a badass, he´s amazing as Miguel Prado.
I´s really intense now, going be interesting to see how things going work out between them, with their common goal :)

Asmo

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Miquel is a different kind of whacko than Dex and I think we'll see everything unraveling in the second half of the season. I'm still stumped on who the Skinner might be.

Remove ads