If the HIVE had a Heroes Power, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No you shouldn't - I refused to read the Dragonlance chronicles when I found out they were written by Weis & Hickman because the ending of the Dark Sword Trilogy had so soured me on their writing style I couldn't bear to bring myself to read them...

The writing and story of the first two was great but the ending made me want to off myself in as messy and violent a way possible. EVVVILLLL

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
No you shouldn't - I refused to read the Dragonlance chronicles when I found out they were written by Weis & Hickman because the ending of the Dark Sword Trilogy had so soured me on their writing style I couldn't bear to bring myself to read them...

I'm not attached to the Dragonlance chronicles anyway. I'm more of a fan of the background than the interwoven history. As long as I'm removed from the characters I never suffer ill effects from the end twist.

I'm not attached to the Dragonlance chronicles anyway. I'm more of a fan of the background than the interwoven history. As long as I'm removed from the characters I never suffer ill effects from the end twist.
And therein lies my problem, I can't read a book without getting caught up in it. Makes for great reading and is very entertaining, however it also makes for stellar let downs when the writing goes South.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Ugh... it was one of those days... A party of 15 comes in and wanted to split their check 7 ways and got mad when they were told they could only get them split 3 ways. Of Course, the problem was that 1 of them asked for a separate check when they initially arrived and the others asked right after the check was already printed up.

While the waitresses and hostess were struggling to split the check (since everyone kept pitching in and saying 'I want X on a separate check), another customer (a regular) over heard the check splitting hassle and cracked a joke about it to one of the waitresses. Someone from the party complained since "it was rude of the waitress to tell the other customer what was happening". THEN as that party was leaving the same regular began cheering and yelled out loud, "Finally they are gone!" and someone from the party got mad since she thought it was me and when she yelled into the restaurant the regular said "Why are you yelling at him, I WAS THE ONE CLAPPING. IT WAS ME NOT HIM!"

Oye..

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
While the waitresses and hostess were struggling to split the check (since everyone kept pitching in and saying 'I want X on a separate check), another customer (a regular) over heard the check splitting hassle and cracked a joke about it to one of the waitresses. Someone from the party complained since "it was rude of the waitress to tell the other customer what was happening". THEN as that party was leaving the same regular began cheering and yelled out loud, "Finally they are gone!" and someone from the party got mad since she thought it was me and when she yelled into the restaurant the regular said "Why are you yelling at him, I WAS THE ONE CLAPPING. IT WAS ME NOT HIM!"

Sheesh, sounds like a bunch of regular idiots. This is why smart cosumerism is planned in advance. :]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
What's even more annoying is this:

NO ONE PAYED WITH A CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT!

If they each knew what they were going to have why not just put that money into the main bill instead of asking for it to be separate in hopes of not having to pitchin on the gratuity (which they each had to still do).

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
What's even more annoying is this:

NO ONE PAYED WITH A CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT!

If they each knew what they were going to have why not just put that money into the main bill instead of asking for it to be separate in hopes of not having to pitchin on the gratuity (which they each had to still do).

Damn, thats frickin' insane. A pooled bill would have been the smarter choice. Oy.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I think it's funny when MythBusters "busts" a myth only to have to redo the myth becauese Chris Angel proved it's plausible (maybe with camera trickery).

Mythbusters *proved* a (robotic) ninja can not catch an arrow being fired at it from a distance of 30-60 feet.

Mythbusters proved a ninja can't catch a nail being fired from a nail gun.

THEN

Chris Angel proved he can catch an arrow being fired at him from 60 feet.

Then Chris Angel proved he could catch a nail being fired at him (technically since the nail got impaled in his hand).

Now the Mythbusters are hiring a Martial Artist to try to prove that a Ninja can't catch an arrow being fired at him.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads