[OOC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
If you keep swinging I promise more than a few bull's str/enlarge/bless combos coming your way. If that is possible in true20 I have only gone over characters hmmm haven't seen a spell list

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
The system is very free. There is only one 'magic' class. The adept. You just choose the powers you like (with DM consent). Also all classes gain a core ability. The standard for fighter is a kind of second wind in combat. For the adept to use a 'unknown' power. both cost one conviction / action point.

I could change this ability to something like a light wildshape for a druid or a turn undead for the cleric.

You need not to take two different adept roles. I would just allow more different powers.

Here are some sample powers:

[sblock]
Cure
Fatiguing
You can heal injuries by touch. With a full-round action, you can grant a subject an immediate recovery check using your Cure check result in place of their Constitution check. If the recovery check fails, you must wait the normal recovery time for that condition or expend a level of fatigue before trying again. You can stabilize a dying character with a Difficulty 10 Cure check.
You can use Cure on yourself. You can’t cure your own staggered or unconscious conditions or stabilize yourself while dying, since you have to be conscious and able to take a full-round action to use Cure. You can use Cure on your own disabled conditions, but doing so is a strenuous action. If your recovery check is successful, you suffer no ill effects. If it is not, however, your condition worsens to dying.
Try Again: See above. Otherwise you can retry freely.
Time: Cure is a full-round action.

Elemental Blast
Fatiguing
Prerequisite: Cold, Earth, Energy, Fire, Water, or Wind Shaping
Your can strike a foe with a focused blast of elemental force. Your Elemental Blast is a normal ranged attack with a range increment of adept level x 10 feet and a maximum range of ten increments (adept level x 100 feet).
An Elemental Blast has a damage bonus equal to your adept level. Water and Wind Shaping strikes inflict non-lethal damage. If you have Weather Shaping, you can call lightning from storm clouds as an Elemental Blast. If you apply the Widen Power feat to an Elemental Blast, it affects all targets within a radius of adept level x 2 feet from the target point. Targets of a Widened Elemental Blast can make a Reflex saving throw. If successful, the blast only inflicts half damage on that target.
Time: Standard action.

Enhance Ability
Fatiguing
You can improve your Strength or Dexterity for a short time. A successful Enhance Ability check adds a bonus to either your Strength or Dexterity score for 1 minute (10 rounds). The result of the check indicates the amount of the bonus. If desired, you can split a bonus of +2 or greater between Strength and Dexterity.
Enhance Ability

Difficulty Bonus
15 +1
20 +2
25 +3
30 +4
35 +5

Time: Enhance Ability is a standard action. The bonus lasts 10 rounds (1 minute). If you take 20 when making this check, you spend 2 minutes and suffer a +20 increase in the fatigue Difficulty.

Enhance Other
Fatiguing
This works like Enhance Ability, except you can enhance others’ abilities by touch, and cannot enhance your own abilities with it.
Special: The subject of this power must also make a Fortitude saving throw against fatigue (same Difficulty as the adept) when its duration runs out, to represent the strain placed on the subject’s body.

[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
The system is very free. There is only one 'magic' class. The adept. You just choose the powers you like (with DM consent). Also all classes gain a core ability. The standard for fighter is a kind of second wind in combat. For the adept to use a 'unknown' power. both cost one conviction / action point.

I could change this ability to something like a light wildshape for a druid or a turn undead for the cleric.

You need not to take two different adept roles. I would just allow more different powers.

Here are some sample powers:

[sblock]
Cure
Fatiguing
You can heal injuries by touch. With a full-round action, you can grant a subject an immediate recovery check using your Cure check result in place of their Constitution check. If the recovery check fails, you must wait the normal recovery time for that condition or expend a level of fatigue before trying again. You can stabilize a dying character with a Difficulty 10 Cure check.
You can use Cure on yourself. You can’t cure your own staggered or unconscious conditions or stabilize yourself while dying, since you have to be conscious and able to take a full-round action to use Cure. You can use Cure on your own disabled conditions, but doing so is a strenuous action. If your recovery check is successful, you suffer no ill effects. If it is not, however, your condition worsens to dying.
Try Again: See above. Otherwise you can retry freely.
Time: Cure is a full-round action.

Elemental Blast
Fatiguing
Prerequisite: Cold, Earth, Energy, Fire, Water, or Wind Shaping
Your can strike a foe with a focused blast of elemental force. Your Elemental Blast is a normal ranged attack with a range increment of adept level x 10 feet and a maximum range of ten increments (adept level x 100 feet).
An Elemental Blast has a damage bonus equal to your adept level. Water and Wind Shaping strikes inflict non-lethal damage. If you have Weather Shaping, you can call lightning from storm clouds as an Elemental Blast. If you apply the Widen Power feat to an Elemental Blast, it affects all targets within a radius of adept level x 2 feet from the target point. Targets of a Widened Elemental Blast can make a Reflex saving throw. If successful, the blast only inflicts half damage on that target.
Time: Standard action.

Enhance Ability
Fatiguing
You can improve your Strength or Dexterity for a short time. A successful Enhance Ability check adds a bonus to either your Strength or Dexterity score for 1 minute (10 rounds). The result of the check indicates the amount of the bonus. If desired, you can split a bonus of +2 or greater between Strength and Dexterity.
Enhance Ability

Time: Enhance Ability is a standard action. The bonus lasts 10 rounds (1 minute). If you take 20 when making this check, you spend 2 minutes and suffer a +20 increase in the fatigue Difficulty.

Enhance Other
Fatiguing
This works like Enhance Ability, except you can enhance others’ abilities by touch, and cannot enhance your own abilities with it.
Special: The subject of this power must also make a Fortitude saving throw against fatigue (same Difficulty as the adept) when its duration runs out, to represent the strain placed on the subject’s body.

[/sblock]

Hm... sounds good. If I seem very dense, it's because I really have little experience with this system/this game's Character generation rules.

How do the stats work in True20 exactly? Like, do we roll a six sider for out stats or something, rather than the usual system where 18=+4?

Walking Dad

First Post
Hm... sounds good. If I seem very dense, it's because I really have little experience with this system/this game's Character generation rules.

How do the stats work in True20 exactly? Like, do we roll a six sider for out stats or something, rather than the usual system where 18=+4?
It uses a point buy system:
They give you 6 points to distribute among your abilities (Str, Dex, etc.). The game effect is like standard D&D, but ignoring the score and using the ability mod only. Hope it helps. (Still no native speaker ;))

HolyMan did it correct:
interested
from what i have read this is more role play than roll play and that is for me

check my stats WD did I do this right

STR: 10
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 12 +1
INT: 16 +3
WIS: 10
CHA: 10

so in true20 its STR:0 DEX:+2,CON:+1,INT:+3,WIS:0,CHA:0

thats unless someone else wants the wizard I can roleplay anything

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Pathfinder sounds way kool i have a cleric (of course in another game) the orisons rule is very kool

I thought this thread was dead because you were starting the Dark Sun thing you want us to play this or re-group over there and help out??

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases