[OOC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

rangerjohn

Explorer
In regards to Ray.... I noticed that banded mail is +7 armor for an ac of 18 in pathfinder. Great ax is a two handed weapon meaning +4 damage, w/ power attack it would be +6 to hit +7 damage. Going to +6 to hit +10 damage next level, remind me not to make Ray mad.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
In regards to Ray.... I noticed that banded mail is +7 armor for an ac of 18 in pathfinder. Great ax is a two handed weapon meaning +4 damage, w/ power attack it would be +6 to hit +7 damage. Going to +6 to hit +10 damage next level, remind me not to make Ray mad.
Thanks for the save! Made the changes. But I read Power Attack as being up to the player to decide how much attack bonus is switched over to damage bonus, not a fixed computation like you mention. Anyone???

So, anyway, basically the upshot of switching Ray from 3.5 to PF is just that he gets another point of AC. Puhretty cool if you ask me!

Walking Dad

First Post
No, power attack shifts now a fixed amount. 'Chosen' just means the choice to use the feat or not:
Power Attack

You can make exceptionally deadly melee attacks by sacrificing accuracy for strength.
Prerequisites: Str 13, base attack bonus +1.
Benefit: You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon. When your base attack bonus reaches +4, and every 4 points thereafter, the penalty increases by –1 and the bonus to damage increases by +2. You must choose to use this feat before making an attack roll, and its effects last until your next turn. The bonus damage does not apply to touch attacks or effects that do not deal hit point damage.

Leif

Adventurer
No, power attack shifts now a fixed amount. 'Chosen' just means the choice to use the feat or not:
Thanks, WD! Got the changes noted on Ray's sheet. I looked the feat up in my PF book just to be sure I wasn't crazy, and they HAVE changed it! When/why did this happen, anyway?

Arkhandus

First Post
I'm back, just didn't remember to check earlier this week to see if the games that went on hiatus for the holidays were back on yet.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ray said:
"What is with yon hole there?"

Yes what is with the hole? Do you plan for another grouping of rooms?

I was wondering WD - the randomness of the encounter layout and such screams old D&D to me. How about doing a random dungeon with random encounters and we advance as we go down.

Just roll up the room right before we enter. And then we have at it. Now it would take way to long to advance in pbp quickly unless you wish to implement the TIME XP chart like the one from the LPF. Then we would only need about half the regular encounters.

I was almost hoping this game was coming to a close with so much on my plate. But I like the whole old school idea if you go that way count me in. You can add in RP rooms and rooms to help along with the whole dwarves gone missing mystery we have already.

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases