[OOC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Leif

Adventurer
I didn't say that! I just think it'd be more fun to see what kind of good stuff we can get from WD's brain instead of his dice. ;)

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes what is with the hole? Do you plan for another grouping of rooms?

I was wondering WD - the randomness of the encounter layout and such screams old D&D to me. How about doing a random dungeon with random encounters and we advance as we go down.

Just roll up the room right before we enter. And then we have at it. Now it would take way to long to advance in pbp quickly unless you wish to implement the TIME XP chart like the one from the LPF. Then we would only need about half the regular encounters.

I was almost hoping this game was coming to a close with so much on my plate. But I like the whole old school idea if you go that way count me in. You can add in RP rooms and rooms to help along with the whole dwarves gone missing mystery we have already.

HM
It is a slightly changed conversion of an adventure from the 3.0 starter box.
(And it has random make-your-own-dungeon rules, too.)

I didn't say that! I just think it'd be more fun to see what kind of good stuff we can get from WD's brain instead of his dice. ;)
Already made a new map. But I think it is random and old school enough for HM ;)

But I'm scarred of WD's brain. :eek: He TPK'ed us once remember.

HM
The way I remember it, that wasn't his fault at all! Just some extraordinarily bad rolls right in a row. :p

Thanks Leif! Have I mentioned that I like hydras?

@ all: Please vote here:

a) end this adventure now.
b) explore my cave.
c) random rooms and monsters I always wanted to try ;)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Fabhal's good to go. Choice C.

Where are we XP wise? I'm really feeling that level of Cleric I took (and the change to my ability scores to accommodate it) back when we didn't have one in the party . . . Getting a level (or two) of Fighter under my belt will ease that pain somewhat.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Fabhal's good to go.

Where are we XP wise? I'm really feeling that level of Cleric I took (and the change to my ability scores to accommodate it) back when we didn't have one in the party . . . Getting a level (or two) of Fighter under my belt will ease that pain somewhat.

I use a pretty free-form XP. I thought you going back to town, re-equip and level-up, if we want to continue. You may also change your characters a bit around, taking advantage of the new options in the APG (including class changes, if the character still 'feels' similar) if you want (the rest of you, too).

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sweet! I won't take the level of Cleric back - I already changed him once to add it in, and it'll be nice to have a little extra divine help in the party (if I ever get used to the idea that I'm the source of that help and remember to use it.

But now that I know I'm not going to be the main cleric I may adjust his stats a little, and I'll definitely be looking at some of the APG stuff.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Of course I would vote c. But I would still like to know about advancement.

Would it be clear a lvl than advance or could you hand out earned XP every 6 months or so. It's just one of the drawbacks of pbp - taking so long to see a change in your character. And I do like my character.

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases