Advanced Player's Guide questions

tsadkiel

Legend
I couldn't wait for my preorder, so I snagged the PDF. It's marvelous, but of course there will be questions. Here's mine -

Any way for a Martial Artist to gain an enhancement bonus on their Chi powers? I don't see any reference to any sort of implement. Troubadors have a similar problem, since they don't have any published implements, but other magic items can be reskinned.

EDIT - What paragon paths does a Spellbinder qualify for? EDITEDIT - Already answered in the book. You win this round, Marmell!

Last edited:

Any way for a Martial Artist to gain an enhancement bonus on their Chi powers? I don't see any reference to any sort of implement. Troubadors have a similar problem, since they don't have any published implements, but other magic items can be reskinned.

Yeah, that's about the biggest omission, I'm afraid. When I first designed the classes, I'd planned to talk a little bit about magic items as regards the new classes, but in all the back-and-forth with the companies, and several levels of redesign, it totally slipped off my radar. :eek:

Essentially, I suggest making gloves or fist wraps available as magic "weapons." They add their enhancement bonus to attack and damage, but they only work with unarmed attacks. As far as the troubadour, I suggest "reskinning" staffs as standards, and orbs as instruments.

Oh, as far as the reskinning, I'd use holy symbols for the druid's fetishes.

But yeah, it was definitely a mistake for me to neglect a magic item section for this book--at least one giving reskinning advice, if not offering actual new items. Sorry, guys; I've never put together a book quite like this before. :eek:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Bought! Downloaded!

Wow... Ari, congratulations on the Lingering Injury rules! They look fantastic. Have you been using them in your games?

Cheers!

garyh

First Post
I stuck to the hard copy version and can't wait to get this in my hands as soon as the USPS can manage. :)

Bought! Downloaded!

Wow... Ari, congratulations on the Lingering Injury rules! They look fantastic. Have you been using them in your games?

I haven't, actually, since A) I haven't been running (though I'm about to start), and B) Most of my group aren't into the "grim-n-gritty" style.

But I'd love to do so. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases