Advanced Player's Guide questions

Nope, it's B&W.[/quote]

Oh well .. still, I'm happy with the product and will continue to support your efforts... you might have even helped me in supporting other non-WotC 4E products, so thanks.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Good points, Melfast. While I agree those wouldn't be broken in and of themselves, it opens the door to other abuses, like opportunity attacks or extra attacks granted by warlord powers.

My instinct is to alter the phrasing of the power so it says any time you deal damage with an attack on your own turn. But again, that's just my first thought, and I'm willing to field other thoughts.

"The first time each round..."

Doing extra on every attack? Could be troublesome, especially once multiclassing is taken into account. (Ranger/Monk... hmm)

Cheers!

Stalker0

Legend
Ari, I think for Demon Dance MK2, go with once per round and then allow quick strike to apply. Then its a strong daily, but not in the overpowered range in my opinion.

Okay, based on people's comments and my own thoughts, we're currently looking at this:

Effect: Once per round, when you deal damage to an enemy with a melee attack, you also deal damage equal to your Wisdom modifier to a second target (which cannot be the same creature that triggered this power). The second target must be within 2 squares of you.

We've got the one/round limit, now, but we're also not limiting it to the character's turn (since it's just once/round, it can be on an OA or an immediate action).

I think it's still worth a daily, since you can maintain it for an entire encounter and it basically adds the cleave power to every attack you make (and it's only 1st level). But by all means, please continue to comment, if you'd like.

out and it's a striker.

A fact for which I'm actually grateful. It keeps the classes that much more distinct, which is what I was shooting for. :)

I am amused at how much we thought alike in some respects, though. Both classes have a lot of charge-related powers, powers that you can use instead of basic attacks after making such a charge, and major aspects of the class based around the notion of temporary hit points.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Wow, Ari you must be so excited to have this out. The first full 3rd party 4e book. A huge amount of info in there by the sounds of it.

I definitley will be buying this when it hits Oz in hard format.

Congrats ad a bigger congrats getting on here immediately and ironing out the issues. Issues I am sure in no way will stop people buying the book. Kudos.

C

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases