Advanced Player's Guide questions

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Essentially, I suggest making gloves or fist wraps available as magic "weapons." They add their enhancement bonus to attack and damage, but they only work with unarmed attacks. As far as the troubadour, I suggest "reskinning" staffs as standards, and orbs as instruments.
Concerning this: Does cloth armour count as "armour" for untouchable?

Because technically speaking, it is armour as well (which is why all characters receive proficiency with it)... I reckon that clothing (though also classified as "cloth armour") definitively isn't armour - but what about the masterwork versions?

But I'm impressed by the book in general. The races martial artist and savage warrior are a bit bland (even for generic classes), but the rest is good stuff. And I love the extra rules (crafting, rituals, lingering injury), they really make the book for me! Acrobat is also a neat Paragon Path. :)

Though I have to admit, I've grown to like the 4E presentation, the book (as PDF) is certainly harder on the eyes and less easy to digest - but then, it of course has a different scope than a full PHB made by WotC.

Cheers, LT.

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I ran into one power that made me go huh? The troubadour's "Glib Tongue". 10th level? Really? (I was comparing it to the Paladin's 2nd level Astral Speech).

I guess a lot of the design work was done before 4e was properly released, Ari?

Cheers!

Concerning this: Does cloth armour count as "armour" for untouchable?

No, it doesn't. Sorry for not making that clearer.

I ran into one power that made me go huh? The troubadour's "Glib Tongue". 10th level? Really? (I was comparing it to the Paladin's 2nd level Astral Speech).

I guess a lot of the design work was done before 4e was properly released, Ari?

Yeah, it was, and a lot of numbers changed even up to the last minute. :heh:

I'd suggest upping the bonuses granted by glib tongue to +4.

Gothmog

First Post
Congrats on the release of the APG Ari and Joe! I got mine in today, and I have to say, you knocked the ball out of the part on the APG Ari! Great job. I love the way you took the Nature Priest and Spellbinder- they scream 1e druid and illusionist.

StickPerson

First Post
So I just ordered my copy. Can’t wait for its arrival, druid and barbarian like characters are sorely missed by me and I look forward to the spellbinder.

Ari, can you tell us about any other 4th edition projects you have in the works?

Congrats on the release of the APG Ari and Joe! I got mine in today, and I have to say, you knocked the ball out of the part on the APG Ari! Great job. I love the way you took the Nature Priest and Spellbinder- they scream 1e druid and illusionist.

I preordered at the begining of Sept...I know Mega loth you for getting it...I am on pins an needles...:p

Ari, can you tell us about any other 4th edition projects you have in the works?

Well, let's see...

I can talk about some of the stuff that's already been announced. I worked on Draconomicon I, and both the Player's Guide and Campaign Setting for Eberron. I've just finished up work on another book, I'm talking to the WotC folks about another one, and I've got several articles and adventures coming up for Dragon and Dungeon. But since none of those have been publicly announced, I'm afraid I can't talk about what they are.

I also did a bit of work for Code Monkey's upcoming 4E Blackmoor conversion.

Spatula

Explorer
Love the idea of the monk's bonus striker damage - at first I didn't even realize that's what it was, thinking it was some oddly weak attack power... Clever and fits in nicely with the flavor of the class.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases