Advanced Player's Guide questions

Jack99

Adventurer
Can't wait for it to arrive over here, although it probably will be a while. Sorta starting to regret I didn't buy the PDF version. Ah well. Patience would be a wonderful thing to have... ;)

thundershot

Adventurer
Arrgh! Nothing in the mail yet. Though it upsets me a little that several errors have already been found.... At least Ari is here to help out with suggestions...

Chris

Last edited:

Arrgh! Nothing in the mail yet. Though it upsets me a little that several errors have already been found.... At least Ari is here to help out with suggestions...

Have no doubt, it upsets me, too. :(

Not that they were found, I mean. ;) That they're there at all.

I could fall back on the fact that I've never put together a book quite like this, or that I was new to the system, or that the system was still in flux while I was coming up with some of this, and all that would be true... But it doesn't change the fact that I should have caught/realized a lot of this, and I didn't.

I truly believe this is an excellent resource, and I'm proud of how the book came out. Still, for the errors that did creep in, I certainly apologize.

tsadkiel

Legend
Having had some time to digest the book, I'm impressed with the variety of character concepts it supports. Yes, Elan and the rest of the Order of the Stick are now viable 4E characters, but so are Li Mu Bai (Martial Artist/Acrobat, focused on movement and weapon powers), Hercules (Savage Warrior/Ferocious Brawler/Demigod), and even Yuna (wisdom-based Cleric multiclassed into Nature Priest for summoning). And the Troubador appears to have taken some of the Factotum's stuff.

Halivar

First Post
No, Mouse, you're doing it all wrong! It wasn't a mistake, see? Rather, you wanted to make sure that further, for-pay expansions to the APG had value-add. You know... the APG2 that's going to have gish, psionics and kender? It'll have a section all for alternative class implements, too. And a section of summon materia.

All right, guys, I'll be taking over duties as Mouse's PR rep, since he's gonna be pretty busy for the next few months. Just go ahead and direct all his questions to me.

Alright, Mouse, back to work! *WWHHPSSSHH!!!*

catsclaw227

First Post
Advanced Player's Guide - XRP and Ari Marmel - Anyone have it yet?

Here's another one that I'd love to get some feedback about. How do the new classes play along with the core classes and are there any interesting combinations of race and class?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases