The Pie... Err... Keep on the Shadowfell.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Jasper smirked. "Wood is never evil, how ever it can be awkward." He winks at his female companions. "If I were one of you dwarves, I'd prey to your stone loving gods that we will not have to enter a forest during our travels because I for one, will not be holding your hands to protect you from those trees you utterly despise and fear."

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Brigitte rolls her eyes to Jaspar's first comment and then responds to his second: "Why else are Dwarves capable of wielding axes?" she asks him. "There's no use for them underground, unlike picks and hammers. The axes are for the trees and if they're like the Dwarves I know, the trees had better fear them and not the other way around."

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Brigitte shakes her head, cause she is, of course, the master of all things Dwarven. Having numerous close conversations with Moradin certainly helps. "That was not their original use. Trees have been around for a lot longer than Giants. Trees are one of the original pieces of fauna made during the creation of the world. Giants are a freak accident created by Kord and came much later."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"That doesn't explain the great dwarven fear of trees, since according to that logic dwarves should fear the very earth they dig through because rocks are older then the eldest tree in existance." He chuckled. "Or maybe, it is not the trees which scare dwarves. Maybe dwarves are really afraid of the creatures who live in or on them, like birds and squirrels."

Dog Moon

Adventurer
"We weren't discussing fear of trees, we were discussing the rationale behind the Dwarven usage of axes. You said you thought Dwarves used axes because of Giants and I was correcting you. I said nothing about Dwarves fearing trees because they were created before Giants as being the sole reason, thus your mention of Dwarves fearing the earth simply because it was created first is nonsense."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Walkin onwards you notice that the person ahead isn't actually approaching you. He seems to be loitering at the spot, as if waiting something.

Korz has been keeping a carefull eye for anything green but it does look like this stranger isn't. He seems more like black & white than green...

The same can't be said about the bushes around the road though. They rustle on the wind menacingly towards the dwarves and Brigitte.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
"I note that no-one has yet mentioned why Dragonborn like swords," says Sir Voluminous suddenly. "I'll let you figure it out for yourselves."

He takes a deep breath of the air and glances into the bushes around the group. Isolated people loitering on roads always make him suspicious.

[OOC - would like to make a perception check, please.]

Remove ads